The Google Desktop SDK enables software developers to integrate Desktop with their own applications.
Write plug-ins that let your users search:
* Email applications such as Lotus, Eudora, Yahoo Mail, and Hotmail
* Files from iTunes, Wordperfect, StarOffice, or any other file format
* Web history from Opera, AOL, or any other web browser
* IM applications such as Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger
You can also extend your applications to include a Google Desktop search box and search results.
You can also write Sidebar plug-ins to:
* Display personalized content in a new Sidebar panel.
* Notify users of important events as they happen.
* Customize a Sidebar panel's response to user actions, such as composing an email.