Editors' Note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
InstaMapper is a free real-time GPS tracking service. Use it to track an iPhone online, share your location with friends and family, and record tracks for later analysis.
Free registration is required. See http://www.instamapper.com/iphone for more details.
- Track your phone on Google Maps from the Internet. Positions are updated as often as every 5 seconds.
- Record up to 100,000 positions per device.
- Embed a map with your current location on a web page, blog, or your Facebook profile page.
- Export position data in CSV and KML formats.
- Access data programmatically via an API.
Because of limitations imposed on third-party applications by Apple, GPS Tracker must run in the foreground to transmit position data. Expect about 5 hours of continuous tracking on one battery charge.
iPod Touch works only in some places in the US. Be sure to set the accuracy threshold to "Any" in settings.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed speed reporting in OS 2.2