CNET Editors' review
If you need to beef up security for your data, KaKa Folder Protector can do the job. It's a utility that will password-protect folders on your computer by locking them. To unlock a folder, simply type in your password. You can lock as many folders as you want. KaKa Folder Protector can lock folders that are stored on flash drives and external hard drives, which is another nice feature. It's also handy as a safeguard against the accidental deletion of folders and files.
KaKa Folder Protector's interface is easy to understand and navigate. To set up the program, access it through its executable file and then select the folder or folders on your computer that you want to protect. KaKa Folder Protector will lock them with one click. We locked a folder and then clicked on it to see how easy or difficult the unlocking process was. A window popped up, prompting us for our password. We entered the password, and the folder unlocked, ready to use. KaKa Folder Protector would be especially useful for laptop users, people who share computers, or people who work with secure data. Be sure to remember your password, however.
KaKa Folder Protector has a Help file and an FAQ. Additional information and support is available on the manufacturer's Web site. This is an unlimited trial version of the software. It installs and uninstalls with no problems. Kaka Folder Protector is an effective, user-friendly data protection solution for individuals of all levels of computer expertise.
Kakasoft Folder Protector is a portable password protection application that helps users to protect folders, files or drives on a Windows computer. The program uses industry standard 256-bit on-the-fly AES Encryption technology to encrypt your folders and valuable data in them. You are allowed to directly run it and lock up your folder without installing it to your computer. It enables you prevent data from being deleted or modified with a single-click.
What's new in this version: Version 6.02 has enhance the encryption level and fixed some bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Protect files and folders with quick, safe encryption and abund...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your personal data against unauthorized access.
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Make any data file look like a scrambled bitmap file.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your passwords, credit card numbers, social security nu...
- Hide, lock, protect, and encrypt your folders and files.
- Protect your folders by hiding or locking them.
- Hide the tracks of your Internet activity and protect private f...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Create undetectable storage on your hard drive.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Get all in one portable folder locker for Windows.
- Use a password to protect folder and files.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Protect your files by encrypt, lock, and hide commands.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect, hide, and encrypt your sensitive documents and folders...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"DANGER! Your files will NOT BE SECURE!"
Version: Folder Protector 6.02
This would be a good program if it provided real security. IT DOESN'T!
Using the file manager called "Total Commander" (a free download on cnet.com), you can click through to the encrypted folder, and the contents will BE PLAINLY VISIBLE with no password required.
DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM UNTIL THE AUTHOR POSTS A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM.