CNET Editors' review
Flash Manager by Free Grounds is built upon Adobe Flash Player, but with a few extras. It plays your Flash and Shockwave videos and creates, imports, and exports playlists, and it offers the basics like full-screen view and scale and align modes. But it also packs some interesting tools; the Single File Flash Packager, Flash Gallery Maker, and Screensaver Maker, for example. It's freeware, too.
Flash Manager embeds Flash Player and includes a full set of player controls. To the right of the main window, Flash Manager displays Playlists. At the top, File, View, Tools, and More menus round out a simple but colorful interface. The More menu includes a Help file, which explains the program's controls and features. These will probably be familiar to anyone who has used Flash Player or any media player, and there are no options or settings beyond those available on the toolbar, beyond those found on the various tools. And about those tools: We started with the Single Flash File Packager, which packages Flash videos into a single executable with additional files such as images, data files, and any file the package needs. It can process multiple files at once, though it packages each individually. It's totally easy to use: 1. Add a video by browsing or from a playlist; 2. Assign additional files (if any); 3. Configure Output Settings; 4. Press Package. The Flash Gallery Maker does much the same, except it packages multiple Flash files into one executable. The Computer Drives Searcher searched our PC for Flash files, which can turn up in the unlikeliest places. Another useful tool is the Temporary Internet Files Searcher, which can find that video you watched the other day, provided you haven't cleaned your cache. The Flash Files Downloader is an IE-based tool for downloading Flash files. Pressing F2 creates a screenshot; a nifty little extra that can save files in four different formats. And the Screen Saver Maker can create screensavers from Flash videos or still images.
We'd never have guessed from its simple exterior that Flash Manager would pack so many useful tools for handling and using your Flash videos.
From Free Grounds:
Flash Manager 3 provides flash files ( Shockwave Flash SWF and Flash Videos ) playback and a set of useful tools that allow you to pack flash files into executable files , download flash files , make screen savers , take screenshots while playing or search your computer drives and temporary internet files for flash files.
It also allows you to pack additional files (like Images , Settings , etc...) with your flash files if they are required or used by them. You can also change output file settings like window size and other stuff.
Flash Manager 3 has better UI and better memory management than the previous versions .Old bugs are fixed and the tools are improved.
And finally Flash Manager 3 integrates itself in Microsoft Internet Explorer so you can download flash files directly from the web browser.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed switching between fullscreen and maximized window bug.
- Added support for one more path type for the download tool.
- Fixed the problem where Play button gets stuck.
- Fixed the problem where the program can't read files with Uppercase extension.
- Moved the screenshots folder to the Documents folder.
More Products to Consider
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Convert Flash movies between SWF/EXE formats.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Create self-executable EXE files from SWF files.
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Convert PDF files to different document and image formats with ...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert to PDF any Web page from a given URL or a HTML file fro...
- Password-protect your folders and files from being seen, read o...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Create and deploy setup files for applications, games, and scre...
- Convert XPS files to PDF format via command line.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Compress and encrypt multiple files into a single archive.
- Draw, edit, enhance digital pictures.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"does not open"
Version: Flash Manager 2.1
The only other review is 5 stars
Doesn't run when I click it.
I DL'd it but when i click to open i get a "app failed to initialize properly" window.
This window pops up on every exe file in this program's folder Doesn't initialize when I click to open it.that i click.
It may not be the fault of the app so I'll delete this or change it if I can get it to work.
Having said that, I've never had this problem with any DL's.
"The best software for downloading and manipulate flash"
Version: Flash Manager 1.1
This program effectively allows you to save flash files on your computer and even turn them into exe file for a full screen wieu.
Easy interface, GOOD characteristics - WELL JOB
Nothing at all
Just visit the pages we want with the browser (Firefox is working fine) and then launch this program, click the "tools" "temporary internet files sercher" and appear all the flash movies that you have visited in previous. Opportunity to review them now or to download them.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content