CNET Editors' review
If you're a graphic designer or you otherwise work a lot with images, File Juicer can be an extremely useful (if narrow in purpose) utility. Like a kitchen juicer extracts juice from fruits and vegetables, this application "juices" a wide variety of image formats and even audio and video out of almost any kind of file, from browser caches to Microsoft Office docs--so for example, you can drop a PowerPoint onto File Juicer, and the app will extract any images, text, and even Flash and ZIP files from the presentation.
File Juicer excels at its core purpose, with a very straightforward, drag-and-drop interface, but it also has a few other secondary uses, including unerasing photos from digital camera flash cards, extracting "slightly corrupt" JPEGS from older Flash files, and reconstituting Word docs out of PDFs--which it accomplishes with varying degrees of success and complexity, depending on your situation. File Juicer has a responsive developer, lots of user "hints," and fairly substantial online help.
From Echo One:
Extract/recover images, video, audio and text from files, folders, flash cards and iPods. File Juicer will extract images from PDF, PowerPoint, Excel or Word just as it will extract them from flash cards. It considers all files as the peel of an orange which can be removed and the contents extracted. Extract images from a PowerPoint slide show or presentation. Extract images and text from PDF files. Recover images and video from erased flash cards. Recover text from damaged files. Extract the images and HTML files in Safari's cache.
What's new in this version:
- Improved: if you juice the Flash Cache, File Juicer will now also extract cached videos in mp4 format
- Improved: internally some deprecated API has been removed.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Turn your photos into collage and make them into desktop wallpa...
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content