From Music Unfolding:
- F8 Audio Unit is a filter effect with a nearly limitless choice of settings to achieve a huge variety of sounds, from traditional sounding wah or tremolo sounds to complex gate-like effects.
- F8 has eight independent filters. Each filter has its own LFO. The filters can be set to be either "Lowpass," "Bandpass," or "Highpass" independently. Each filter has a resonance and cut-off frequency parameter. The LFO applies to the cut-off frequency of the filter. The rate, phase, and depth can be set independently for each filter. This allows for some pretty complex effects. Note that the resonance of the filters (Q) can be driven into self-oscillation. It can make things loud (and fun).
- F8 works by copying the input audio into eight independent streams. The filters are applied to these eight streams, one filter per stream. Then the eight streams are mixed back into one by the corresponding sequence section for each filter. Essentially, the sequence section can be viewed as a time varying mixer. Finally, the Mix section has overall output level control and a wet/dry control. There is a checkbox control for selecting whether or not the tempo of the F8 syncs to the hosts tempo. If your host doesn't support tempo, the tempo of the F8 can still be set using the BPM control.
- Please note that while F8 is in demo mode, that there will be periodic intervals of silence.
What's new in this version:
- We have fixed a bug that rendered the F8 Audio Unit unusable in Ableton Live.
- The demo mode has been changed from periodic silence to periodic intervals of white noise. This was done to make it easier to evaluate.
- Note for Logic users:
There is a known issue with F8 in Logic. In Logic 7.2, the user presets button (the button with the down arrow) in the effect window is only active in the top few rows of pixels of the button. The entire lower region of the button ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Audio unit filter effect.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Versatile DJ music mixer.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Autofilter Audio Unit effect.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Convert SWF movies to JPG and PNG sequence.
- Digital video editing system.