While reading, writing or simply communicating, we come across new or forgotten words and expressions all the time.
Was it harrass or harass? Recieve or receive? Priviledge or privilege? And what exactly does unabridged mean?
The Beiks English Dictionary is a compact and handy helper to the hungry and always improving minds.
Hundreds of thousands mobile users across all major mobile platforms are enjoying it since 1999 and now that it is available for RIM's BlackBerry so can you!
- Wide range of colloquial American English vocabulary
- Rich, detailed word definitions; multiple meanings
- Two alternate installation packages (choose based on the device's available memory):
- Standard - 17,000 words / 1.1 MB
- Gold - 34,000 words / 2.2 MB
- Simple and convenient program interface
- High dictionary compression ratio, allowing more than 5 MB of data to fit in under 2 MB device memory!
- Full text search within dictionary articles turns every dictionary in a thesaurus!
- Keyword coloring makes reading easier (requires lexicon versions 2.0 and higher)
- Support for wide screen portrait and landscape modes /where applicable/
- Specially optimized for speed on new, faster Palm OS 5 devices with ARM processors
- Dictionary browsing with dynamic word positioning
- Cross-lookup feature
- Two view modes with adjustable display panes
- True support for MMC, SD, MS external media cards through VFS
- Tested on the whole family of Palm OSÃ?Â® devices, up to and including Palm OS 5.x (CLIE NX/NZ/UX series, Palm Tungsten T2, T3 series, Treo 600)
- Adjustable font sizes
- Horizontal / Vertical views
- Smart view
- Most recently looked up words list
- Word of the day
What's new in this version:
- Support for International Phonetic Alphabet based pronunciations added; currently available for English languages only
- Support for color tagging of output; requires downloading of updated lexicon file versions; not yet available in resident lookup mode
- Lexicon info screen provides information of the lexicon file properties