CNET Editors' review
E-mail is the business world's lifeblood. The downside of instantaneous, 24-7 contact is an impersonality and distance that doesn't foster relationships. EfficientSoftware's Address Book Free is a contact and customer information management utility that anyone can use to keep their address books and contact information up to date and in sync, but where it shines is in its business-oriented customer contact features. It will remind you when birthdays, anniversaries, and other important events approach so you're ready with the personal touch that can make all the difference in business and personal relationships. You can also prioritize contacts so that your best customers always get full attention.
Efficient Address Book's customizable interface features eight built-in themes that change the color and look of a busy but efficient and familiar Windows-style layout. There's a full complement of menu items, including a Help file. Searching, adding, and editing contacts, photos, and personal information are all quick and easy to master, befitting a program focused on efficiency. Organizing contacts by company, bulk imports and exports, and file back-up and restore functions all performed flawlessly. We especially like the extra security features, such as password protection and encrypted information storage.
This fully functional freeware omits a few features of the developer's Address Book Pro. It works in all versions of Windows from 98 to 7. It can help anyone keep their email contacts organized and up to date, but for small businesspeople, its customer management features make it especially attractive. As freeware, the price is right, too.
Efficient Address Book Free is a professional, elegant and handy contact and customer information management software program. You can add birthday and anniversaries to a contact and the program will remind you of them on time, so you can better create and keep networking and build customer relationships. By setting importance of your customers, you can always focus on key persons. The product saves you a lot of time by features such as flash find, fast input of contacts from the same company, copy and paste of contacts as well as bulk import. Additionally, there are various unique features such as you can add a photo to a contact and you can edit all the fields of a contact profile, etc. Besides, you have up to 8 interface styles of different tones of color to choose from. Efficient Address Book Free is a must have for people from all walks of life to manage their contact information.
More Products to Consider
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Manage vital information about contacts.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Record, store, and manage contact information.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Store and manage contact information.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Organize addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of your...
- Manage your contact and customer information.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Manage and monitor your contacts, e-mail addresses, and informa...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Manage your personal contacts and publish your address book to ...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Take control of your contacts.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Works exactly discribed"
Version: Efficient Address Book Free 3.10 build 326
Can access the file from 3 different HD
None I cna find
Works for me
"Pretty good and has all the basics"
Version: Efficient Address Book Free 3.0 build 318
Has a complete address book along with notes for each address. If you just need one address book for friends and family, this would be PERFECT.
Like what was said before me, there are no grouping options (That I could see) So for a business with needs for multiple address books, Clients, Suppliers, personal etc. this will not be good for you.
I really like it. it is easy and complete EXCEPT you can only have 1 group
"Good for Small Business or Home use"
Version: Efficient Address Book Free 3.0 build 317
Very simple easy layout
To really use the full program you have to pay which would probably be a turn off for a homeowner and small business
For a free program it delivers up to a point. It would have been great as a stripped down program but to pay for the extras... you might as well invest in something better
"Very basic program."
Version: Efficient Address Book Free 1.62 build 86
Simple and efficient.
One must pay for more capability.
Okay...not great, not sorry.
"Not being able to group contacts is a major detractor."
Version: Efficient Address Book Free 1.38 build 56
It was basic if that's what you are looking for.
Grouping contacts is only available if you buy the pro version.
Bottom line, it is useless to me without being able to group my contacts. I think most people expect to be able to make groups.