CNET Editors' review
For ripping audio CDs, burning CDs and DVDs, and converting tracks, Easy CD-DA Extractor excels. Besides rolling in support for Apple Lossless, the latest update focuses on back-end changes that should improve the audio quality and make the program faster.
A well-organized interface displays all of the major features and settings. Four tabs across the top access the Audio CD Ripper, the Audio File Format Converter, Audio CD Creator, and MP3/WMA CD Creator. Ripping CDs is simple: Insert a disc and the Audio CD Ripper window displays info such as artist, track list, year, track length, and album length. The destination folder, the quality and format of output tracks, and even the filename format are all easily edited.
MP3 settings include the ability to choose constant, average, or variable bit rates. The Audio File Format Converter window features a drag-and-drop file selection topped by a conversion-format window. The program supports a large list of lossy and lossless formats including MP3, OGG, WMA, APE, FLAC, AAC, and 3GP. The Audio CD Creator window lets you drop files into that screen, choose the recording speed, and toggle the test feature. The MP3/WMA CD Creator window works similarly and adds much-needed support for data discs.
Easy CD-DA Extractor is easy to learn, quick to use, and loaded with features. It stands tall among the teeming mass of CD-ripping/music-conversion apps.EZ CD Audio Converter - Rip and burn audio CD, convert audio files easily - Download Video Previews:
Easy CD-DA Extractor is the most comprehensive multi format audio converter and is extremely easy to use. Rips audio CDs, converts audio files, and burns CDs & DVDs. All popular audio formats are supported. Includes editing of metadata, and copying of CDs & DVDs. Uses GD3, MusicBrainz, freedb, and Amazon to retrieve metadata and cover art from the Internet metadata servers. Unique features of Easy CD-DA Extractor: Intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Best audio codecs out of the box for best audio quality. Exact and reliable CD ripping with error detection and two-pass verification of audio. Extremely high-performance ripping and converting that takes advantage of the multimedia features of processors. Multi-core audio converter that allows parallel audio conversion with up to 8 parallel converters. ReplayGain for automatic loudness leveling on playback . Supported audio formats include: Dolby Pulse AAC / HE AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, Windows Media Audio, and WavPack.
What's new in this version: New features include Dolby Pulse, GD3 internet disc database, full ReplayGain support.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Rip audio CDs, convert audio, burn and copy CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray ...
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Download any track from SoundCloud with a single click.
- Get flexible audio and video playback with access to smart orga...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Burn an ISO image file to CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-RW, DVD-RW, an...
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1,211 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Can be great for some, not so for others!"
Version: Easy CD-DA Extractor 16.0.2
I think it has a lot of features people would like. With that said it had a couple lack of features that were killers for me. Decided to uninstall - see beloe
1. Told it where my music file was and it retrieved it on the spot.
2. It has that nice drag and drop feature that is so important which is another plus.
3. The stopper was, it did not list the artist, only the date and the song title. With over 6,200 songs you have to sort through the whole lot to find the 20 or so you want to burn to the disks. Thus, is you want to create a cd with one artists, you have to do it on the drive you have and then put those songs in a folder. Then extract that folder into the program.
All in all I thought it was limited. Note, it you have a burned cd for your car and try and copy it, it only list the tracks, not the song title or the artist so your screwed if you want to delete some songs and recreate the discs since you do not know what each track is. Thus, the program is only half user friendly to me.
PS, it kept giving two choices about what you want to do with the discs. None of them were to create a audio cd for the car so it may also lack that feature. The feature I want the most of course.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content