CNET Editors' note: The developer has informed us that the Setup Assistant in the original download was corrupt. A new download with the corrected Setup Assistant has been posted, or to redownload just the setup assistant, go to http://www.infinitenexus.com/dg/dg301sa.dmg.
From Infinite Nexus Software:
DriveGauge is a powerful yet simple utility designed to give you visual feedback on how full your hard drives are directly on the drive's icon. The Drive List lists the volumes, including name, location, current icon, and percent used. Highlighting a volume gives a live preview without altering the actual icon and you can choose which drives to add gauges to or which gauges to restore or delete. DriveGauge also allows you to choose one of six default icons (Backup, Hard Drive, FireWire, iPod, iDisk, Custom) to use or to use the current icon.
DriveGauge fully supports custom icons and backs these up and will also back up the chosen icon if a custom one isn't present just in case. Simply choose which drives you want to restore and the gauges will be gone. You can also use the delete functionality to permanently remove all traces of DriveGauge from a drive. DriveGauge also supports relaunching the Finder to see the applied gauges. Automatic updating is included alongside styles and other useful features including a news pane to get the latest DG news.
We think DriveGauge is a useful little utility and are proud to be able to share it for free with the world. Feel free to download it and give it a try. It never hurts to be able to know a little more about your computer's health.
Please view the included README for any additional notes or the full Help system that is now available or join us in the iNexus Forum (a link is also provided in the Help menu). We have added an optional Register/Donate interface for those who would like to contribute to the future development of this project.
What's new in this version: - GaugeStyle Manager for importing, removing, and previewing styles
- Warning dialog when no styles are present, with options to continue, quit or access help
- Replaced donate item with an optional iNexus Register interface (no shareware crippling, DG is free)
- DriveGauge now has a real Apple Help HTML system for Apple's Help Viewer
- Added support for iDisk icon in the gauged icon selector (useful for local iDisks in 10.3 "Panther")
- Upgraded the circular slider for bug... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes and comput...
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Transfer music, videos, photos, and other media from your iPod,...
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Extract files from any iTunes iOS backup (inc. encrypted) on al...
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Transfer files between your computer and iPhone, iPod Touch, or...
- Analyse, remove, archive and restore application files and inst...
- Personalize your desktop with various icons.
- CMM batch type/creator changer.
- Copy and paste and add effects to your icons via Control-click ...
- Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 6.0-6.1.
- Manage iPhone contacts, calendars, and notes from your PC.
- Set iCal's icon to the current date in a choice of colors.
- Dictionary for linguists & computer geeks.
- Recover contacts, photos, and messages from iTunes backup.
- Replacement icon set for Democracy Player.