Dialectic is a highly versatile telephony tool that unites your Mac, data, and phones -- mobile, landline, & VoIP -- enabling you to be more productive. It allows you to find & select numbers and instantly dial them using a wide variety of phone devices or services.
Further, with its robust dialing rules, it can determine the call type (e.g., local or long-distance), transform the number as required (add prefixes or suffixes to the number, strip extraneous data, etc.) and route it to the appropriate phone as necessary. For instance, you could have local calls go to your landline phone, domestic long-distance go to your Bluetooth mobile, and international long-distance go to Skype.
When dialing, Dialectic also automatically configures your system (e.g., pause iTunes, change your iChat status, etc.) and restores it when the call is finished.
The other main feature of Dialectic is its Address Book menu providing you quick & intuitive access to your contacts, system-wide. Using this menu you can quickly see information, insert it into your current document, copy it to the clipboard, initiate a new phone call, email, or instant message chat, find addresses on a map and more.
Dialectic integrates with most leading contact managers, databases, & other applications. In addition, Dialectic provides a comprehensive call log, notepad, call timer, While You Were Out notes, and much, much more.
Finally, Dialectic is highly scriptable which means you can easily integrate it into your own workflow.
What's new in this version:
- Added internal HTTP server for controlling Dialectic from Web-enabled devices & services
- Added search filtering to the call log
- Added AppleScript support for individual call log entries (you can now update names, flags, & notes as well as retrieve information from a script)
- Added call timer auto start option to the Dialing preferences section
- Added use of alternate dial string for CDMA phones when using the standard Bluetooth Phone Dial Meth... See all new features »