CNET Editors' reviewAwkward and nonconfigurable controls mar this otherwise nice arcade shooter. In Desktop Roids, your task is to use your spaceship to destroy all the asteroids and comets flying around. After about five objects hit you, you die. Big asteroids split into smaller parts that can still hit you with as much impact as the big ones. As the game progresses, comets join the asteroids in trying to destroy your spacecraft. You fire in bursts of one missile or three bullets. There are two ways to control the spaceship--through number and letter keys--and both are nightmarish to use. Still, the game is addictive. The more you play it, the more you want to, regardless of the troubles with the spaceship controls.
An easy to play asteroids style game, 1 or 2 player cooperative modes, and a 2 player versus mode. Multiple power ups to keep you in play. New features like brakes, and sound FX with background music. (SC2 like controls)
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Explore quests and levels in a twist of solitaire and mahjong.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Solve the mystic puzzle surrounding the temple of Tikal.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Save the Earth from the invasion of relentless intergalactic ch...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Assume the role of an elite soldier to control the last of the ...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Utterly ruined by (at least) one glaring flaw"
Version: Desktop Roids 2.0
I like the *concept* of this game, but it's a total wasted 10 MB download as it stands, because it is virtually unplayable owing to the inability to assign one's own desired control keys. The default keys assigned for play are utterly stupid and ridiculous... you'll never be able to control your ship; period, exclamation point.