CNET Editors' review
Despite the large file size and a few prerequisites, you'll appreciate Desk Doctor's features, designed for the prevention and rehabilitation of Repetitive Strain Injury.
You'll begin by taking the Desk Doctor Assessment test, which is designed to create a personal profile consisting of video exercises tailored to your needs. Impressively, it allows you to pinpoint specific body parts and identify sensations that occur while performing the motion test. Moreover, the program detects keyboard activities including typing, mouse clicking, and hovering, and it also counts how many exercises or micro breaks you have taken.
The program can be configured to send auditory alerts when it detects continuous keyboard activity, and these alerts worked well during testing. Unlike similar applications, it doesn't lock the mouse or keyboard or automatically display exercises during breaks. As a result, taking advantage of breaks and exercises is at your discretion.
Numerous videos likely are the reason why this application eats a whopping 27MB of memory. You'll also need QuickTime to operate this program. Nonetheless, any PC user suffering from or looking to avoid RSI will benefit from this title.
Desk Doctor gives you a new way to prevent and rehabilitate RSI at your desk. You avoid the chronic illnesses, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis, which are now workplace epidemics. Desk Doctor detects and rehabilitates problems even before you feel them. First the program guides you through on-screen medical tests. Then Desk Doctor uses its built-in reasoning to compile the optimum video-guided exercise program to keep you healthy.
Version 1.1.9 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Display subliminal messages on your desktop.
- Protect your health from extensive PC usage.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Understand the aspects that lead to and prevent RSIs.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Get alerts when you should take breaks to avoid repetitive stre...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Establish pauses between the constant use of a computer, helpin...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Stop repetitive strain injury with breaks, stretches, and postu...
- Take breaks, reduce stress, and prevent computer-caused disorde...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Eliminate all viruses on screen to move on next level.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Protect your flash ActionScript by hiding its coding logic.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Stop annoying telemarketers from calling on your phone.
- Detect and terminate chat programs on your network.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Encrypt your word documents.