It is very easy to fall into bad habits when using a computer for hours on end. You care about what you are doing, so can sometimes push yourself too far, or over-strain yourself. The human body isn't built to sit in one position for endless hours, gripping a mouse or typing on the keyboard. Dejal Time Out is here to help. It will gently remind you to take a break on a regular basis. Time Out has two kinds of breaks: a "Normal" break, typically for 10 minutes after 50 minutes of work, so you can move about and relax, plus a "Micro" break: a very brief pause of typically 10 seconds every 10 minutes, so you can remember not to tense up too much for long periods.
You can configure how long each kind of break lasts, and how long between breaks, or disable each kind. Each Time Out is announced via the screen slowly dimming, with related graphics materializing, and when the break is complete, it fades out again. You can change the time these transitions take and you can even change the color and the level of transparency during the break. So if you like, you can make it mostly transparent so you can continue reading while on your break... though it's better for you if you give your eyes a rest during the Time Out. At the start and/or end of the break, you can optionally play a sound, and even run an Automator workflow, AppleScript, or application.
Time Out is released as Freeware. You are welcome to use it at no cost.
What's new in this version: A few people had difficulty with the idle detection, so this version attempts to address that. If the idle interval returned by the OS seems invalid, it tries a similar but different approach to get a more sensible value.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Create, print and organize your recipes using these printable r...
- Manage and organize your recipes into cookbooks.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Take control of your recipes.
- Organize and create your own personalized cookbook.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Organize, e-mail, and print your recipes.
- Type up hundreds of recipe cards, choose from 65 backgrounds.
- Choose your meal for the day from a recipe catalog.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Taking Time Out brings multiple benefits!"
Version: Dejal Time Out 1.6.3
It's so easy for me to get carried away when I'm on my computer. Time Out is the perfect balance of being a gentle and firm reminder to shift my perspective and regain balance. Once reminded, I am free to choose any activity -- brief eye exercises for now. I can feel my body's gratitude, and I think my computer projects are better for it.
What should have been simple preference settings -- duration of time out, time between, etc -- became a tangle of confusing results. Maybe it was me . . . :)
I LOVE this app! It's added a mini-spa to my computer work, and I've got several more ideas for using it. I've been lazy to integrate time outs when I'm on the computer, and this has been a heaven-sent ticket. It works better than a timer for me, so I'm wondering how I could set up this kind of a reminder in the rest of my life!
And -- it's FREE!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content