Mimicking a turntable, VirtualDeck is designed as an aid for DJ s. It lets you fast-forward, fast-rewind, beat mix, scratch and tune an audio sample just as you would DJ on a real turntable-- all by a touch on the screen. In some ways, it can do what no ordinary turntable can do, namely play digital samples. Were sure you at some time wished you could play your own music without having to shell out for a dub plate, or quickly cut some samples into a loop and use that to intensify or sratch on top of your set. In that case, VirtualDeck is for you.
Also, it features a mode that is more like what a CD DJ would expect.
PLEASE READ THE MANUAL on our website, http://virtualdeck.com/ to use VirtualDeck as efficiently as possible! There also a couple of VIDEO DEMOS showing the way to use the app.
The MANUAL and FAQ also cover the method to upload your OWN music.
You can download the Mac/PC client at http://virtualdeck.com/ .
The facts, don't be fooled by other app descriptions:
- VirtualDeck was the 3rd app in the iTunes store marketed for DJs (the other two being Mixmeister Scratch and Diddy DJ)
- VirtualDeck was the first and is the only with Ogg/Vorbis support
- VirtualDeck was the first with MP3 and AAC support
- VirtualDeck was the second true DJ app on the store, beaten only by Diddy DJ by a about a week
- zero latency doesn't exist on computers
- most AIFF
- most WAV
- unprotected MP3s
- unprotected AACs (every iTunes Plus song is unprotected AAC)
- access to a WiFi network to upload your samples, touch the 'Upload' button to activate
Keywords: DJ, DJing, beatmix, beat mix, scratch, scratching, beatmatch
Check out our other products:
VRArsenal-- shoot everyone in sight
3DLevel-- a water level like you've never seen before
What's new in this version:
- corrected an upload bug when the user's iPod or iPhone had a name with non-alphanumeric characters in it
- improved audio quality a bit