CNET Editors' reviewThis well-designed virtual drum set makes a fun and nifty download, but it leaves something to be desired as a percussion tutor. The elegant interface gives you a behind-the-kit view of a five-piece drum set, complete with five cymbals and a hi-hat. Because of its polished look and realistic drum sounds, we were surprised to find D'Accord Drums Player eats very little system memory, both on your hard drive and when running in the background. The program lets you quickly see which keys trigger which drums, but you can't reconfigure the layout to suit your tastes. Also, since there are so many drums and cymbals, the learning curve can be quite steep. D'Accord Drums Player comes with a number of sample MIDI drumbeats and visually shows you which drums are being struck in each part of the rhythym. You can speed or slow the tempo to your liking, and you can turn off the sound so you can practice only with the visual aids. But we noticed a slight delay in drum sound when we struck a key, which makes it tough to sync your beat with the program's beat. Since this program is clearly geared at beginners, we were surprised to find it lacks in-depth lessons for learning the basics. A built-in recorder also would be a nice touch. This application will never replace real-world drum lessons, but those wishing to learn drums might find some benefit by downloading it.
From D'Accord Music Software:
This software can open and play any MIDI file, showing how to play the song on the virtual drums. Created for beginners, the software is a tool for drummers to practice their favorite songs, by watching the software playing and trying to follow it. The Play Along feature mutes the drums sound, keeping the other instruments sounds playing, so the student can play together with it. It also has some examples of different rhythms, such as rock, pop, ballad, and samba, so the user can learn how to play them.
More Products to Consider
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Improve your guitar-playing skills.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Learn how to play chords on a keyboard or a piano.
- Learn how to play and practice playing on fretted instruments.
- Adjust the keyboard of your computer to play a musical instrume...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Browse, play, and print guitar chord positions and import chord...
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Use math graphing software for teachers of level 9-12 students.
- Make your Fantasy Football draft feel like a simulated NFL draf...
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Train your ears, learn to read music by sight, and study music ...
- Provide multiple multimedia solutions bundled in one mainframe.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It sucks because of ONLY it will expire after 10 times, but it is the greatest drums game on the list"
Version: D'Accord Drums Player 1.0
"The 10 timeslimitation, stresses me and stops me even from opening it."
Version: D'Accord Drums Player 1.0