CNET Editors' reviewCyberSpy records some computer activities, but its most pertinent monitoring features aren't reliable. It's armed with a clean-cut, well-designed interface easy enough for anyone to understand. The program claims to run in stealth mode, and can be accessed with a hot-key combo and password, but the trial version is listed in the Start menu, Task Manager, and Add or Remove Programs. It successfully captures screenshots at user-specified intervals, and records launched URLs, applications, and documents. CyberSpy also effectively restricts access to specified applications and Web sites by immediately terminating the browser or program window. You can view or save log reports of all PC activities in TXT format. Much to our surprise, CyberSpy wasn't able to log chat sessions or e-mails during our analysis, and we found that keystrokes were inaccurately captured during the 30-minute monitoring session given in the trial. While it's easy to use and has some decent monitoring tools, users who want the full picture of PC activities will need to keep looking.
From CyberSpy Software:
CyberSpy records all e-mails typed and viewed, chat conversations, Web sites, keystrokes, passwords, applications, windows, documents, and even desktop snapshots all in total stealth (if desired). It can be used for monitoring others who use your PC: children, spouses, or employees.
More Products to Consider
- Capture and record what is being done on your PC and have snaps...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your PC in real time from malware & spyware.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- See and know everything anyone does on your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Record keyboard, passwords, clipboard, websites.
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Protect your system privacy from spy applications.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Monitor employees, children, and spouse logs.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor and record every activity on a computer.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Backup your IncrediMail profile effortlessly.
- Backup your Postbox profile easily.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Backup your Mozilla SeaMonkey profile easily.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: CyberSpy 1.0
none if you can't use it
Although it gives you the option to install without visible folders and icons, it still makes a folder called Cyberspy in the program directory. When you uninsrall it leaves one file behind that won't delete. Spyware I suspect. Also, nothing tells you how to get into the program if you are successful in installing it with stealth. hotkeys????? Don't waste your time.
Version: CyberSpy 1.0
GUI is OK
This "covert" software actually installs into a file named cyberspy in the program files directory and gives you a nice desk top icon for ease of use. Unless those you wish to monitor are under six or the sort that need help even turning the PC on then surf on by.