CNET Editors' review
Collages are a fun way to combine multiple images into one, and they have many potential uses, from greeting cards and scrapbooks to social networking profiles. CollageIt enables you to create good-looking collages without a lot of hassle.
The program's interface can be a little confusing at first glance--there are multiple menus and sliders--but if you focus on the Getting Started pane in the middle, you'll be fine. To create a collage, you simply select the images you want to use, adjust the settings, generate a preview, and save the collage when it's done. The program automatically situates the images in the collage, so you don't spend time on tedious layout tasks, but there are a few options for customizing the final result. You can adjust the collage's spacing and margins, turn frames and shadows on and off, rotate images, and set particular colors or images as the background. You can also save layouts and reload them for later use. The program is quite easy to use, and we were creating attractive collages within a matter of minutes. CollageIt doesn't have a Help file--there's a very brief tutorial video on the publisher's Web site, but that's it--but this is not a huge drawback, as the program is pretty easy to figure out. Overall, we think this program is a great tool for quickly creating collages for art projects, presentations, and much more.
CollageIt installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From PearlMountain Software:
CollageIt is an easy-to-use and free collage maker, which makes photo collage automatically. There are only three steps to make your stunning collage such as add photo, set parameters, and generate collage preview, save collage as image format, such as BMP, JPEG, PNG, TGA, and GIF. No matter the green hand or the old hand with image processing software, CollageIt will help you make a gorgeous collage by few clicks and within few seconds. With the variable parameter setting, you may make diverse types of collages including several photos or even 100 photos. Share your photos with friends and family in a unique way.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Turn your photos into collage and make them into desktop wallpa...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"fair but limited in layout definition"
Version: CollageIt 1.7 build 2560
there should be a capability of (auto- or user-)determination of the layout based on the format of the pictures submitted to the collage function, to avoid unwanted cropping etc.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content