From Mark Allan:
Free GUI front end to the ClamAV opensource virus checker. Update the virus definitions. Point it to a file or folder and scan. Other features include logging results to a file, placing infected files into quarantine, monitoring folders for changes to their contents and a Finder Contextual Menu Item.
What's new in this version:
- Removes the updated/already-up-to-date messages in Sentry on automatic updates
- Correctly only auto-updates on launch and not when computer wakes
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Stop viruses and spyware automatically before they reach your c...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Prevent Spyware and Malware running from your PC.
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 79 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Never found a thing. Sentry crashes."
Version: ClamXav 2.2.5
Seems to work, but hard to tell since it's never caught anything in the 8 years of use.
Not too heavy on resource usage.
Free. Donations encouraged.
Fairly light on resource usage.
Sentry started crashing, often, in the past few days. Maybe too many sites open in tabs for it to handle? Don't know. It's up to date.
Hard to judge an anti-malware product when it's never caught any. Have had Camino and Opera 'hijacked/spoofed' twice in the years that I've used Clam XAV.
Glad it's free in a society where most things one buys causes one to subscribe to payments and then spend more money to further use the products, like television, smart phones, computer systems, etcetera.
"ClamXav for Mac worked very well"
Version: ClamXav 2.2.5
Ran quickly & found 6 viruses , all quarantined .
Sentry set up has slowed down the computer use somewhat .
Easy to understand & to follow the initial installation for a non-technical person ;] Worked well in the background finding the malware & I like the easy to read window of where this scan has located them . Would recommend it to all Mac OS X Leopard users .
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content