CNET Editors' review
This combination video-conversion and creation tool boasts good speed and a nice set of features. CinemaForge's polished interface is both handsome and rather simple to understand.
As a video converter, the application supports all expected formats, including SWF, WMV, AVI, and MOV. You also can choose to accompany any video with audio files of your choice rather than the original sound. When you click the digital-camera icon next to the File Input box, you'll be able to browse your computer for still images to compile a video file. If you choose to perform this action, you can apply a few transition effects, determine the image interval, and add your own music files.
Although CinemaForge was quick to generate a slide-show video, the audio came out sounding much muddier than the original file did, even when we upped the bit rate. Elsewhere, the program lets you tweak certain aspects of your new video, including frame rate and quality. You also can choose to crop videos, apply a deinterlacing filter, and upload videos to the Web (if you have a CinemaForge account).
We should note the program can't be uninstalled by traditional means; instead, you have to click the question-mark icon on the main interface. In spite of the aforementioned quirks, CinemaForge is overall a solid piece of software.
CinemaForge is a video- and audio-conversion and hosting utility. The application supports Flash (SWF), Flash (FLV), Motion Pictures Group (MPEG), Audio Video Interleaved (AVI), Window Media Video (WMV), Real Video (RM), QuickTime (MOV), Advanced Streaming Format (ASF), and JPEG (thumbnails). You quickly can save and load presets. It has a nice ffmpeg GUI written in MediaForge. The application has support for deinterlace, duration, cropping, automatic thumbnails, and MediaForge Plaza publishing. You can build movies from still images, and it includes advanced alpha-channel transitions between slides.
Version 2.0.2 features a new GUI, a help document, and support for transition effects plugins. Uploading now supports descriptions, name tags, and private or public options.
More Products to Consider
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Record your own voice, music, or any other internal / external ...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- All-in-one digital audio application to extract audio from vide...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Listen to music on your computer.
- Mix and scratch MP3, WMA, and WAV files on 2 virtual DJ turntab...
- Music editor software to edit voice and other sound recordings ...
- Record any PC sound or your voice into a music file.
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Convert audio files to MP3 or WAV formats.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 230 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content