This is a small application that parses the /var/log/secure.log file looking for failed authorization attempts. It presents a summary of the total number of failed attempts (and successes) per user. It will also optionally display the full log listing of each failed attempt, each successful attempt, and SSH information from the /var/log/system.log (see the preferences to enable/disable these options).
This application is based on tips submitted to www.macintouch.com. See the MacInTouch report on Security: Access Monitoring and SSH (http://www.macintouch.com/security-mon.html) for a discussion of what these results mean and how to better protect your system.
What's new in this version:
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger).
- Minor interface adjustments.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Web capture tools.
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Tool to create a simple HTML page.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Dictionary for linguists & computer geeks.
- Manage and configure your network tunnels.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Drag/drop or automatic ftp uploads.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- RPG dice roller & hierarchical note taker.
- Follow your peers, and stay up to date with their scientific pr...
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...