This is a small application that parses the /var/log/secure.log file looking for failed authorization attempts. It presents a summary of the total number of failed attempts (and successes) per user. It will also optionally display the full log listing of each failed attempt, each successful attempt, and SSH information from the /var/log/system.log (see the preferences to enable/disable these options).
This application is based on tips submitted to www.macintouch.com. See the MacInTouch report on Security: Access Monitoring and SSH (http://www.macintouch.com/security-mon.html) for a discussion of what these results mean and how to better protect your system.
What's new in this version:
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger).
- Minor interface adjustments.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Redirect your traffic through a secure proxy when you're on an ...
- Manage and configure your network tunnels.
- Make Any Internet Connection Truly Private with the Original Hi...
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Follow your peers, and stay up to date with their scientific pr...
- Records keystrokes to a logfile.
- Web capture tools.
- Protect your Mac against breaking cyber threats with free antiv...
- Hide the menu bar and dock when running certain apps.