From Best Security Tips:
Cerberus Security Guard manages your Windows security and privacy settings in a professional way by offering a central console to observe and make security-related adjustments and optimize services and main applications of the operating system, Internet Explorer, and Firefox, while providing nifty Media Player fine tuning.
What's new in this version: Version 3.7 adds database improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Strip personal information and GPS data from all your photos wi...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access, keep people off your ...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Get a comprehensive set of security-related handmade icons.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Protect your Windows NT system from malicious attacks.
- Protect your Windows 2000 system from malicious attacks.
- Protect your Windows XP system from malicious attacks.
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Hide applications and mute speakers instantly with a user-defin...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Simplify tasks performed in Windows Operating Systems.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Enjoy security and ad-free browsing with this personal Web port...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Add an additional layer of defense to your computer.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
Version: Cerberus Security Guard 3.7
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I must admit that this is a great security tool, has lots of cool features!
It really does what it says!
"A little complicated"
Version: Cerberus Security Guard 1.8
The ads are a little annoying. I don't like any security software that contains ads. Charge me if you have to!
Version: Cerberus Security Guard 1.3
Explanations for all tweaks
"you can manage you system security easy"
Version: Cerberus Security Guard 1
"Not much point, difficulty in use"
Version: Cerberus Security Guard 1
It certainly did provide a lot of options, and the interface was nice, plus it had no spyware.
However, many of the option can be changed using the Services option of Administrative Tools, already installed on Microsoft Windows. Also, when you install it it takes you immediately to their website. When you try to uninstall it it takes you to their website. (but does do so successfully) Plus, it doesn't have always-on protection or anything, and doesn't give you much confidence with its "quit" option (no "save" or "save and quit", just "verify"). Every time you want to make a change, you have to go back in, click the button, and click quit again (it makes no shortcuts on desktop or quick launch). I even tried something that wasn't already available through Microsoft Windows, disabling Help and Support and disabling shared folders. Nothing happened. Even after a system restart. Plus, during my first attempt at uninstall it, I came across an error. When i tried to click OK it opened up their website and the message box remained there. Eventually I killed the firefox process and uninstalled it successfully the second time. I wouldn't recommend it to pretty much anyone, even though it has a little use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: