Carbon Copy Cloner is the key to a successful backup plan. When left to a human, the task often gets tacked on to the end of a very long list of other things to do. When you eventually have a catastrophe, the data is simply gone. You know that feeling -- you just lost six years of family photos. Your kids being born, their first birthdays, their first everything. The answer to this is consistent and regular backups, placed on a schedule and handled automatically by your computer.
CCC 3 features a new interface designed to make the cloning and backup procedure more intuitive and more responsive. Users have better control over what gets backed up, and are provided with detailed information about the progress of their backup. In addition to general backup, CCC can also clone one hard drive to another, copying every single block or file to create an exact replica of your source hard drive. CCC's block-level copy offers the absolute best fidelity in the industry.
What's new in this version:
- Resolved in issue introduced by Mac OS X 10.6.5 in which errant messages related to allocating memory for ACLs were reported
- Improved several progress indication irregularities
- Fixed a problem affecting some Tiger users in which the source and target menus were not properly populated
- The "Show log" button that is presented when the scheduled task helper application reports a problem will work more consistently now.
- Minor errors will no lon... See all new features »