CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
As its name suggests, Camera360 is an all-around, effects-heavy camera app for your Android mobile device. Depending on how complicated you want to get, it could serve as a power-packed replacement for your device's stock camera app.
Camera360 rolls the functionality of several different camera apps into one. It lets you wrap frames or scenery around your photos, or add whimsical effects like Ghost, Infrared Thermal, or a Warhol-like Four-Color Poster. And, of course, there's also a long menu of filters to choose from, including two different HDR filters, Black & White, Retro, and Lomo styles among many others. Some of the more unique features include tap-to-focus, and the tilt-shift and color-shift tools, which let you tinker with depth of field and colors. Also, if you're interested in digital zooming (for the most part, we aren't) there's a convenient zoom slider at the bottom of the screen.
Each time you snap a pic, you get the choice to save, share, or delete. Since we did a lot of experimenting with the different filters and effects, this was huge, as we did not have to go to the gallery and delete all of our test photos later. Also, it was great to be able to toggle between the original (effect-free) photo and the stylized version with a simple tap and release. That helped us familiarize ourselves with the nuances of each effect.
Now here's the catch: Camera360 takes quite a bit of effort to learn. It's not an app that you can just jump into and navigate through easily. Once you dive in and choose an effect to apply, there are often minor adjustments that need to be made via deeper menus, so be prepared to do a lot of experimenting. And for some odd reason, the menus only displayed in landscape mode--interesting.
Overall, we think Camera360 is indeed a powerhouse camera app that could serve as a feature-rich replacement for your phone's stock shooter. However, if you don't need all of the heat that Camera360 packs, it may end up being more cumbersome than convenient.
(V1.5)1 https://market.android.com/details?id=cn.menue.fourphoto.international 2 market://details?id=cn.menue.fourphoto.international-----------------------""""241**1221224111*0.5s/1s/3s0.5s**1/1*sdcard/Camera Menue**MultishotPhoto GridAction SnapMultiCameraPudding CameraQuadCameraFreeemailContent rating: Everyone
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content