CNS Menu allows you to place hierarchal menus anywhere on a FileMaker layout. When a menu item is chosen, the script of your choice in the database of your choice is performed. Menus can have any number of sub menus and can be displayed with a variety of styles and bullet marks. Creating menus with CNS Menu can be as easy as handing the plug-in a return delimited string of menu items to display. Your menu items can have a display name, and a value that can be used in your scripts, so the end user can see useful information such as a customer name while the value can be a Customer ID number.
CNS Menu ships with the "CNS Menu.fp7" example database which includes 15 examples demonstrating ways to use and understand the CNS Menu plug-in. The database is fully unlocked so you can explore every detail. We have also included the documentation for each example inline, so you can both examine the example and see its explanation all from one layout. Examples include, QuickMenu, Menu Placement, MenuBuilder, Value List to QuickMenu, Hidden Items, Menu Decoration, Mouse Grabber, Right Click, Data Entry, Layout Navigation, Update Menu Item, Bookmark Example, External XML Menu, and RSS Menu.
CNS Menu has many advantages over its predecessor, SCRIPTit. This rendition includes MenuBuilder in the configuration dialog which allows you to quickly build new menus without having to know XML. You can then simply use menus built in MenuBuilder in your database, or copy the XML which is generated for you. CNS Menu also includes a brand new way to create menus called "QuickMenus". A QuickMenu takes a return separated list of items and creates a menu for you without having to know or use any XML.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed issues running under FileMaker Pro 11 on OS X Mountain Lion.
- Improved mouse click handling when using the ESC key to dismiss a menu on Mac.
- Fixed a few other minor bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Updates Java components.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Versatile text editor.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Add four multi-precision data types to Real Studio.
- Create sophisticated Excel-based applications with ease.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Remote control, file transfer and collaboration tool.
- High-level interactive programming language.
- Macro software to automate any task.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Helps prepare Real Studio apps for Mac App Store submission.
- Code for the web from a truly new one-window interface.
- Store any kind of information you can find.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- API documentation browser and code snippet manager.
- Greatly enhances SimpleText.
- Real Studio plugin: add images to your buttons.