CNET Editors' review
The CHM file extension refers to Microsoft Compiled HTML Help documents. Armjisoft's CHM OwnerGuard is a comprehensive Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution for managing CHM files, encompassing security, licensing, watermarking, and distribution for internal company documents and other access-sensitive information published as CHM files. It's available in several versions to meet both commercial and personal needs.
The Personal edition is free for individual users. It can create and open DRM-protected CHM files, and it supports licensing-rights limitations. The license-generating and transferring features are disabled in the freeware, and its support options are limited compared with commercial licensing. CHM OwnerGuard Personal works in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows releases.
CHM OwnerGuard Personal Edition shares the ultrasimple, wizard-based interface of some the software's other packages, except that the Serial Generation and Generate License Code tools are disabled. But aside from a very large button labeled Upgrade Personal Edition and Help and Exit buttons, all the controls are functional and clearly labeled. We could create a new project, view existing licenses, and import licenses from other computers. But by far the easiest (and most sensible) way to start using CHM OwnerGuard is to select the first button, the Wizard, which displays a helpful video tutorial for every step.
To protect your CHM files, you must create a New Project to have a local license to use. We specified our Time and Input/Output limitations (such as allowing copying to the Clipboard) and moved to the next step, Protect Your Files. We added our CHM files (you can add whole directories) and specified our output folder. Under Projects, we selected our newly created license. CHM OwnerGuard quickly created and saved our protected file in the target folder. We could also copy our computer's local ID or add a new one under the heading Get Licenses from Other Computers. Clicking Current Licenses opened a simple tree view of our existing licenses showing their time and I/O limitations.
It's clear that the people who need CHM OwnerGuard Personal Edition the most are those who already handle CHM documents at work, but it's suitable for anyone who needs it.
CHM OwnerGuard is the Digital Rights Managemet (DRM), Security, Copy Protection, Licensing, Watermarking and Distribution Management solution for Microsoft Compiled HTML Help Documents (CHM).
Brief Features: Lock your CHM Documents to specific computer(s), protect your CHM documents from decompilation and illegal distributions, define high security expiration dates or working times for your DRM protected CHM documents, and control and apply all required limitations for your users using a very small user side DRM manager (OwnerGuard License Manager).
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Manage file distribution and licensing rights of your Flash fil...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your USB drives and data.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your ownership for your DWG documents.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Lock and protect your confidential information from unauthorize...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your ownership for your PDF documents.
- Get a PDF document security application with DRM copy, print, a...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Encrypt your books and technical information to sell them onlin...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Get a PDF document security application with PDF DRM copy, prin...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Record notes, ideas, and store photos and documents.
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Create, view, and print PDF documents.
- Protect yourself from intruders.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content