CNET Editors' reviewThough you won't find an extensive feature set, you will find a few new ways to access shutdown operations and modify your Start menu with this simple freeware application. Brutus creates desktop and Quick Launch icons that let you quickly restart, shut down, log off, and lock your computer. From the Start menu, you can access its main control panel that allows you to determine how Windows will behave during a shutdown process. You also can hide items Start menu items such as Settings, Documents, Help, and Run. Unlike its competitors, you can't use Brutus to schedule or set an alarm to initiate shutdown operations. Though it's limited in scope, any user who wants a simple tool to perform shutdown functions can try this free application.
Brutus lets you log off, lock, restart, or shut down a computer running Windows OS the way you always wanted to with a single click. It also has the following features: lower the Start Menu delay, hide items on the Start Menu, and disable the shutdown event tracker in Windows Server 2003.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Shut down, restart, or log off your Windows system without the ...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Shutdown, restart, or lock your computer easily.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Schedule or force your PC to shutdown, hibernate, or reboot.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Run files, log off, and turn off your computer at specified tim...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Automate shutdown, restart, logoff, and sleep for your PC.
- Manage your PC shutdown tasks easily.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Shut down your computer, or hibernate, or disconnect from the I...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Schedule your computer to shut down or log off at a specified t...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Shut down, power off, reboot, or log off with a single mouse cl...
- Set a timer to log off, shutdown, or restart computers.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Display a shutdown icon and restart icon on your desktop.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Really Great Shutdown/Restart+Logoff-Accesser"
Version: Brutus 2006
A really speedy way to have really fast access to-Logoff/Shutdown//Restart-Options
Not only that, you're able to customize things within your start menu with this program
of course, it's also able to be done manually, but this program does it too
It doesn't actually speed up your computer's startup as much as you might think it would
If you customize too many start menu options, you could cause a few startup problems that you'd need to start fixing, but other than that this product's great
Great fast and easy access to your Logoff/Shutdown//Restart-OptionsAnd there's Also An Option that says:
Recommended for labtops/computers that take a while to get to shutdown options
This program makes Logoff,Shutdown+RestartIcons for you
It's a great fast shutdown accessing program
Just be careful not to put it in your quicklaunch and accidentally click Shutdown,Restart,OrEvenLogoff-byMistake cuz if you do that, you could probably tell you wouldn't want to do that, so, in conclusion, fast access to shutdown/restart+logoff-options, just be careful
Updated on Dec 19, 2009
That looks like a great option to help load up your startup menu faster
Version: Brutus 2006