From Global Moxie:
Big Medium is a web content management system for designers and their clients. The friendly, humane interface makes web publishing easy for everyone. No developers needed, no programming kung fu required. It's easy to install, runs in nearly any server environment, and bends to the designer's vision instead of forcing cookie-cutter layouts.
Big Medium has the features you expect of a CMS (version control, workflow, search, etc.) but also lots of grace notes for content sites: Pullquotes, image galleries, podcasts, scheduled publication, comments, WYSIWYG CSS editor and other goodies.
Big Medium is geared for designers who want a CMS that enables extremely flexible designs but remains easy to set up without programming skills. If you bring basic to intermediate HTML/CSS know-how, Big Medium can manage just about any design you throw at it. Once the designer configures the templates, hand the site over to content editors; no tech know-how is required to edit pages.
Big Medium is a Perl application that runs on web servers running Mac OSX or other Unix flavors (and Windows, too). Big Medium's modest server requirements allow you to install it in nearly any hosting environment.
Big Medium is $185 per server installation (each install can manage an unlimited number of sites and user accounts, no extra fees). It's free to try for 30 days.
What's new in this version:
- The "comment count" link element now properly displays in <%latest%>, <%quicktease%> and <%news%> widgets in addition to the primary link widgets (<%spotlight%>, <%links%> and <%morelinks%>).
- Fixed a bug that could prevent overflow link pages from being properly updated.
- Fixed a bug that caused Internet Explorer to open a blank page when clicking e-mail links created in the rich-text editor.
- Fixed a display issue that caused document icons in download links to ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- GUI analyzer for web server log files.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Find Quake servers over the Internet.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- File & directory compare & merge utility.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.