CNET Editors' review
What do "Prince Harry London" and "Nixon Resign" have in common? Would you believe the Bible? According to DivineCoders, an online community that is dedicated to searching for equidistant letter combinations in the Bible, word combinations like these can be found in the form of code that can be discovered and deciphered with the help of software such as DivineCoders' Bible Code Software. Some people interpret the results as conveying messages of possibly divine origin. Users can share their findings online in a forum for commentary and analysis.
Bible Code Software is free for noncommercial use, but you have to provide an e-mail address and sign up for a free account to use the community resources and participate in the forum. The site wouldn't log us in, though we tried three different accounts. We kept receiving an error message that urged us to try again. We even tried a typo to see if the problem was the log-on screen, but the software caught the error yet still refused to log us on.
Still, you can perform searches without logging in, and the program's PDF-based manual gave us a good look at how the tool works as well as the concept. The site's Frequently Asked Questions ("Required reading for all first-time users") explain its research methodology and standards.
Whether you put much faith in its results or not, the process is fun. Despite our log-on problems, if you're interested in this unique community, you may want to try to have a look for yourself.
This software was designed by expert developers, guided by Bible Code researchers, and is distributed for free to you for non-commercial use only. This free software adheres to strict Bible Code software and research standards that are exclusive to the DivineCoders Bible Code Software family. This software utilizes the English Jewish Publication Society Bible to search for and detect equidistant letter sequences encoded in the Holy Bible. This software is unique to Bible Code because it is the first of its kind to apply Statistical Significance Testing to its results. This software focuses on the mathematical significance of its discoveries and was designed to pinpoint specific regions where statistical significance can be achieved. This means that you wont be wasting your time with questionable results. Everything you discover is analyzed and tested automatically, so you don't have to be an expert to search like one.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0
- Improved overall search speeds and load times
- Streamlined interface, thus adding to improved usability and performance
- Now totally integrated with our online resource system, which means that when something changes on our end, you won't have to download and install it.
- Automatic statistical analysis with an added frequency and duplication check for guaranteed significance and time well spent
- User Manual, covering everything you need to know... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Create music from the Hebrew text of the Bible by converting te...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Search the Holy Bible for hidden messages.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Get beautiful images, bible quotes, and 10 commandments with ta...
- Manage and track your baseball collection.
- Search the original bible text in Hebrew and Greek, or your own...
- Read and write blogs on a Web site of your choice.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Download, upload, and scan the software.
- Create your own CD+G karaoke tracks.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Well Thought Out and Easy to Use!!"
Version: Bible Code 3.0
This was exactly what I was looking for! I am a novice at bible code so it is helpful to have a tool that pretty much does everything for me. I like that it verifies what I find so that I can have confidence in what I am looking at. I don't know of any other bible code software that does that so that to me is a major advantage over all the older software out there. I noticed that it is also very fast even on my old laptop.
None that I can think of.
"You cannot use an English translation"
Version: Bible Code 3.0
If indeed this tool uses an English translation then the only pro is the potential elightenment of users that Bible codes exist. But it certainly will not validate that in any way.
If the description of this software is correct (in that it uses an English translation of the Torah), then it is useless and will produce nothing of value.
You cannot use anything other than original Hebrew to search real Torah codes - the technique (ELS) in general is specific to the language in which it's encoded and more importantly Torah codes are specific to Hebrew which uses a unique alphabet with no vowels or punctuation and where all letters are also numbers.
If the description is wrong, it definitely needs an update. If it is right, then this was a waste time for the developer and a bigger waste of time for anyone "playing" with it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content