CNET Editors' reviewCombining the ease of use of a traditional drum machine with the sound- sculpting prowess of a sampler, Native Instruments Battery 2.0 is one of the best software-percussion tools available. Built around a clean interface that has become the de facto standard for all products in Native Instruments' pro-audio line, Battery is approachable and simple to learn. Once you load sound into the matrix-style interface, the fun begins. Each sample cell has an enormous amount of sound-tweaking flexibility, boasting tools such as compressors, multimode filters, LFO, customizable envelopes, and resampling effects. Also included is a mapping editor for layering up to 128 sounds together. Other controls include tune, saturation, bit control, and hertz. We liked the free-form envelope controls, which make it a snap to custom-tailor sounds to your specs. Our only complaint with Battery is that it really can't do much without a sequencer or some other MIDI device to drive it. Thankfully, Battery interfaces with RTAS, VST, Audio Units, Core Audio, Core MIDI, Dxi, ASIO, and Direct Sound, giving you plenty of options for hooking up to other programs. With its multitude of features, we can easily recommend Battery to both newbie beatheads and old-school pros alike.
From Native Instruments:
Battery 2 is the ultimate drum sampler for creating and fine-tuning all the percussive elements in any production. With its streamlined design for fast and intuitive control, generate perfect drums and percussion every time. From the smoothest grooves to the most rugged rhythms, Battery 2 is the professional choice.
The latest version offers an even more intuitive user interface with a larger, customizable matrix. Every sample cell is armed with a powerful compressor and multimode filter, an LFO, a freely assignable envelope, a mapping editor managing 128 sample layers per cell, a resampling effect, and an extended Loop section. Battery 2 also offers a first-class library of 3.5GB of drum and percussion samples, compatibility with many sample formats, and simplified file management.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Locate and display lyrics in Winamp, WMP, and iTunes.
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Split and join MP3 files and WAV files.
- MP3 Cutter Joiner is easy-to-use MP3 Cutter and MP3 Joiner tool...
- Record your own voice, music, or any other internal / external ...
- Combine multiple MP3 files into one and optionally convert the ...
- Mount ISO images as CD/DVD device virtually.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of 0
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content