BOINC is a software platform for distributed computing using volunteered computer resources. Many different projects can use BOINC. Projects are independent; each one operates its own servers and databases. Participants can participate in multiple projects; they control which projects they participate in, and how their resources are divided among these projects. When a project is down or has no work, the resources of its participants are divided among other projects.
What's new in this version:
- Attaching to World Community Grid
- Back-up projects (0 Resource Share)
- Better detection of notice updates (reduces the number of system notifications)
- Suspending GPUs should not suspend Bitcoin Miners
- Increasing the maximum number of coprocessor devices to 64
- Updates to OpenSSL(1.0.1j) and LibCurl?(7.39.0)