CNET Editors' review
BMS Business Music System is a feature-packed program that lets users create custom mixes of music and announcements to be played over the PA in their businesses. Although the program has the potential to be quite useful, its confusing interface was frustrating and time-consuming to figure out.
If you wanted to, of course, you could create a playlist of music and announcements with practically any media player, but BMS Business Music System gives you many more options for customization. Users can create playlists in which announcements and songs play in a specified order, or announcements can be inserted at random intervals or even at specific hours of the day. The program can be scheduled to increase or decrease volume at particular times of day, letting users adjust it according to the ambient noise level. The playlist can automatically fade out when an external microphone is used, allowing the program to fit in seamlessly with other PA uses. These and many more features make BMS Business Music System a great choice, but we had to spend quite a bit of time trying to figure how the program actually works. The interface just isn't intuitive, and our best guesses at how the program was supposed to operate just resulted in more confusion. Fortunately, there's a lengthy online Help file that explains the program's functions in details, but there's no reason why the interface couldn't have made more sense to begin with.
BMS Business Music System has a 14-day trial period. The program installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program with reservations; it's potentially powerful, but it's bound to cause confusion first.
From NCH Software:
The BMS Business Music System is an application for the automation of business background music and in-store announcements. Features include automatic music selection and mixing according to set rotation rates and day-part scheduling, auto-playing optional recorded announcements at set times or at specified intervals in addition to manual user-play announcements. All users on the computer network can play and even make announcements at their desks using IAPremote. Date, time, and week day music track and announcement validity checking. Automatic day time volume changes (when, for example, your business might be noisier). Mixes music tracks with automatic cue-in and cue-out time scanning. Adjustable music/announcement volume balance. Automatic music fade when microphone page is activated. Multiple-zone (up to 16) output option for large businesses.
What's new in this version: Version 4.08 is a bug-fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Search and download music files.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Create snapshots and track your computer's vital aspects.
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Check for updates for multiple programs.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Glide the Web with your portable OS.
- Direct an auditing process and edit the program's remarks.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Load, dial, and call multiple phone numbers sequentially.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1