From Pepsan & Associates:
AysMon (Are You Serving Monitor) is a multi-purpose utility for monitoring system resources associated with network services. System administrators and other expert users benefit from continuous monitoring of critical aspects of network services of the host system. End-users will find AysMon an effective way to monitor throughput on their DSL, Cable, PPP, or other network connections as well as providing a friendly display of disk space usage and key open network ports. The latter is important since you may have a network service running that unintentionally opens your system to attack by hackers. AysMon enables to see at a glance if this is the case.
An important benefit of AysMon during the transition to Mac OS X is that these capabilities are available to you without having to learn anything about a command line interface or the Unix underpinnings of Mac OS X. While expert users may wish to run AysMon continuously, end-users may prefer to run it periodically to check their system's configuration or to monitor network throughput during troubleshooting or just out of curiousity.
AysMon is Java-based and self-configures through the use of auto-discovery of available disks (any media type) and network interfaces. Just double-click the application and it will sense your system's configuration and display the relevant information. You can also customize AysMon to your needs using preferences to control which services to monitor (including HTTP, FTP, DNS, Telnet, Finger, etc.) and how often to update the display of each window. AysMon remembers window positions and sizes so you can put them exactly where you want.
What's new in this version:
- Added monitoring of Printer Sharing (IPP which is controlled by System Preferences->Sharing->Printer Sharing)
- Changes in the list of monitored services are now updated immediately
- The preferences window has been restored to its appropriate place under the application menu
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Web Page Grabber is an application to create screenshot of web ...
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- MPEG-2 to QuickTime transcoder.
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.
- GUI front end for Fink packaging system.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Online backup using Amazon S3.
- Create time-lapse movies with iSight.
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Fullscreen, borderless QuickTime/DVD player.
- Monitor CPU load metrics, memory statistics, network bandwidth,...
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- Network diagnostic tool: traceroute, ping, DNS lookup and whois...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Graphic display of system performance data.