CNET Editors' reviewThis simple application's solid performance and support for several exotic audio codecs make it worth a look. AudioCommander can convert large batches of audio files among standard formats, such as MP3, WAV, and OGG, as well as lesser-known codecs, such as VOX and A/U-LAW. You can specify the quality of your new tunes, but if you want to encode files using variable bit rate (VBR), you'll have to choose the WMA option. The interface isn't likely to confuse even new users, as it has clearly labeled icons for choosing codecs and adding files or folders full of music. However, we should note the program doesn't have a dedicated button for its included CD ripper. Instead, you must browse to your PC's CD drive and add tracks to the file queue. Happily, AudioCommander lets you transform as many files as you want for two weeks, so you can actually put the demo to some real-world use. Folks who need to convert large numbers of audio files or rip their CD collections certainly should give this utility a try.
From Mystik Media:
AudioCommander is a configurable command-line and interface converter, encoder, and decoder for nearly all conceivable audio formats. Settings are provided for bitrate, frequency, and channels. Convert from AMR, MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AU, VOX, RAW, PCM, ADPCM, A-LAW, u-LAW, MP2, FLAC, ALAC, CD, M4A, MP4, WavPack, and AVI audio to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, ADPCM, AIFF, AMR, A-LAW, u-LAW, or VOX. AudioCommander can be used to change the compression for supported formats; for example, compressing a 320 kbps MP3 to 128 kbps for use in a hardware device that requires a specific setting or does not support the higher bitrates. The comprehensive range of supported formats makes the software very flexible, and provides a complete solution for conversion of most any audio file desired. AudioCommander offers an extensive array of settings and command-line switches for complete control over how the software functions.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Extract audio and convert it to MP3/WAV files in batch mode.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Record and convert audio files.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Batch convert AFP to to full-page images in TIFF format on Micr...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert your audio CDs to fully functional MP3 tracks.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Create and write PDF files as well as convert other files to PD...
- Process and convert images between various formats.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert TIFF files to PDF document.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Convert your media files to DVD streams.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Convert popular audio formats and extract audio track from vide...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1