CNET Editors' review
Audio Amplifier Free will boost the volume of any audio or video file you load, but not by much. The program doesn't make it anywhere near as loud as you'd expect, and doesn't do much once you've boosted the audio. However, if you want a relatively universal audio boost for your music and movies, this is still probably the easiest way to get it.
The install process for Audio Amplifier Free takes only a few seconds, and even though the program is free, it doesn't come bundled with any additional or unwanted software. Though it doesn't tout universal format support, all of the formats tried worked just fine with the program, so it likely supports the format you want to use. The program's layout looks like the face of a '90s-era radio, complete with a circular volume dial that is fun to play with. There aren't many advanced features to be found in it, though. All it lets you do is load your audio or video file and up the volume -- as much as 1000 percent. Pushing the dial that far in the program sounds like it'd be risky, but it's not. In fact, you can't tell much of a difference between a 100 percent boost and anything higher, except for increased buzzing and noise on the track. On the average, it took the program around a minute to amplify the sound on a three and a half minute long video, and only a few seconds to amplify the sound of an MP3 track.
Audio Amplifier Free is by no means the best way to boost your file's audio, but it's certainly the easiest. It lets you raise the audio of any file in a matter of seconds, which is awesome. However, it won't do more nuanced editing or eliminate noise from your amplified track.
From DanDans Digital Media:
Audio Amplifier Free boots the actual volume of audio file or video file. This cute freeware will amplify or increase the sound of a video file without changing the video quality. It supports all popular video and audio formats. It would keep the video track unchanged, and the audio will be adjusted with an increase or decrease in volume.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Enhance the sound quality of all PC audio.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Increase PC volume above maximum.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Render surround and stereo output for all sound on your PC.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Add your favorite songs into to your personal video records.
- Boost and normalize volume of video or audio file.
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Create and play your own movies in no time.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.