CNET Editors' note: Please contact the developer for pricing information.
CNET Editors' review
AstroViewer provides users with a map to the skies over their home. This versatile tool provides a better view of celestial bodies through a simple layout that users of all skill levels will appreciate.
We got right down to business, thanks to an interface that provides a large, easy-to-read map of the sky. Its command icons provided all the direction we needed, which was fortunate because there is no Help file. We chose our city from a comprehensive list of choices and entered the time and date to get a recreation of the sky outside our home. The results were a planetarium-type view of stars, planets, and constellations. We got a better look at specific constellations and planets with the highlighting option, which labels and outlines specific celestial items on a list. The images looked accurate to us, though it is impossible to know since this trial only allows you to see what the sky looked like in 1959. In addition, the program provided us with two helpful features that helped deepen our education. One tab showed Planet Visibility with a month-by-month bar chart of their clarity. Another shows a basic solar system map and where each planet is located at that time.
With its simple navigation and highly readable maps, this is a great tool for reading the skies. Its only trial restriction is the above-mentioned year limit. We highly recommend this program.
From Dirk Matussek:
AstroViewer gives quick orientation in the night sky. The AstroViewer planetarium software displays an interactive sky map for any time and any position on Earth. It allows you to find out the names and other information about the celestial bodies (stars, planets, etc.) on the display, find celestial bodies and constellations and print out a sky chart. A 3D-map of the solar system can be displayed as well. As AstroViewer has an intuitive and easy-to-use graphical user interface, it fits well to the demands of astronomy beginners. AstroViewer comes along as an applet for the free online use on the website, and as shareware to download for the offline use.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Track the sun, moon, planets, and astronomic events.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Learn everything you want to about the stars.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Create a virtual sky on your PC.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Experience simulated space travel to over 100,000 stars.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- View the same images that scientists at NASA use for their rese...
- Watch the chart of the entire night sky.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Manage content on your TomTom device.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"The newer version actually got worse as a freeware"
Version: AstroViewer 3.1.3
Minor improvement in functions or they seem.
Crippled by disallowing location and date change to stay even for 30 day trial. Who wants to see the same 1960 night sky of NYC all the time?!?!
Crippled and useless version, a severe downgrade not an upgrade.
"not very good"
Version: AstroViewer 2.11.4
not very good
not very good