CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
Ask-WA is a live, interactive chat service that connects you to a librarian. Our librarians are available 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, to help you find the most credible information available on the Web. Ask-WA is staffed by professional librarians from participating libraries throughout Washington State. More than 60 public and academic libraries in Washington cooperate in to bring you this service, and more than 100 Washington librarians are available to help you find accurate, unbiased information. Add in the back-up of an international network of participating libraries, and you have 24/7 access to an information professional, whenever you need one.
What's new in this version: - Various Bug Fixes
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Provide fully featured scientific calculator with convert fract...
- Explore and learn English from Longman English Dictionary on yo...
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Add new words, write notes for each word, and update explanatio...
- Provide a programming language for kids 8-14.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Provide tabbed editing and managing for Microsoft Office.
- Provide assistance for the introductory mechanics of materials ...
- Promote simplicity when report referencing is required.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Awesome, useful, one-of-a-kind app"
Version: Ask-WA 1.1
If you like in Washington State, this app lets you chat live with a real librarian. It's incredibly useful for doing fact-checking and research, for finding articles and information, or just for settling a bet. Librarians are friendly and helpful.
On a small screen, it can be difficult to follow the conversation, and if the librarian sends large blocks of text some of the words can get lost.
It's really only for people who live in WA.
This is a must-have app for ANYONE living in Washington State. Much better than Q&A services like Cha Cha or KGB, since you're chatting with a librarian and not some bored housewife. It's nice that the chat sessions are live so that you can have a conversation in the terms of the information exchange. This helps avoid misunderstandings.
Overall, definitely check out this app, and while you're at it, give your local library a visit too. Chat librarians are awesome, but this is just one of the cool services that libraries offer (for free!) to their communities.