CNET Editors' review
Though iTunes has its own basic CD label-making tool, using a program like CoverStudio 2 gives your CDs and DVDs a lot more style. The program leads you through a step-by-step process, starting with several choices for what type of label you want to make. DVD cases, DVD booklets, slim cases, jewel cases, Blu-ray cases, and labels for the actual discs are all available. Simply check the box for what you want to make and then choose how you want to format the labels for your printer. You can grab an image you already have or choose from several images that come with CoverStudio 2 a little later in the process. From there you can add text for more personal labels or import information from the disc (like track names or DVD chapters, for example).
Where CoverStudio 2 really shines is when you get to the actual design portion of the program. An intuitive editor makes it easy to tweak your design or even create your own using image import, shape, and text tools. You can change the background, add a table for song names, and add in customized text of your own. Once you've created designs for both the front and back of your case, you're ready to print.
Overall, CoverStudio 2 offers an incredibly easy-to-use interface perfect for most people's labeling and case design needs. If you want a CD or DVD labeling program that just about anyone can pick up and use, but has enough flexibility to create advanced-looking designs, you should check out CoverStudio 2.
Ashampoo Cover Studio was already the easiest way to label your discs and create slick case covers and booklets to go with them. Now version 2 makes a great product even better, adding covers, a faster editor and many more powerful new features - all without making the program any more complicated to use. You don't even need to do any designing because Ashampoo Cover Studio 2 for Mac comes with even more ready-to-use themes. You just choose a theme, enter your text and print. It couldn't be easier. Or you can create your own great designs and save them as templates that you can reuse just like the built-in themes.
What's new in this version:
- Create your own templates
- New editor with new features and objects
- New themes, printers and paper formats
- Once-only printer calibration
- Other new features and improvements
More Products to Consider
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF to most formats including word documents, images, a...
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- Create or download 3D models.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Join multiple PDF files into one single PDF file.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Create pop art designs on your Mac.
- Edit text in InDesign files without using InDesign.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Print & label design software.
- Reduce size of InDesign links, convert colors.
- Image processing: layout, vector editor, CMYK, lab, ICC.
- Create various architectural designs.
- 3D modeling, rendering, animation.
- Put Cover Flow on your desktop.
- Visual UML modeling & CASE tool.
- Edit, convert, and annotate PDF files.
- Control your DVD player through any Web browser or from another...
- Create complex vector-based raster patterns based on bitmap ima...
- Page layout & design.