CNET Editors' note: The form at the download link requires a DVD Studio Pro 2 or Final Cut Pro 4 serial number. All other users should run Software Update or log in to the Apple Store account used to purchase the software to redownload the update.
The QuickTime 6 MPEG-2 Playback Component provides QuickTime 6 users with the ability to import and play back MPEG-2 content, including both muxed (the audio and video tracks have are interlaced together into one track) and non-muxed (a.k.a. elementary) program streams.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Get various effects for editing your standard videos.
- Download and convert video and audio content to iPod, iPhone, A...
- Convert audio files between several popular formats.
- Worksheets for syncing audio tracks & animation.
- Storyboard your movie files.
- Resyncs the sound in any QuickTime movie.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Decode, convert, play various lossless audio files.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Should come with Apple's software by default."
Version: Apple QuickTime 6 MPEG-2 Playback 6.5
Enables stuff (that should already be there by default).
Apple decided to charge blimming $20 for something that should already be included by default.