From Apple Inc.:
All-in-one post production tool that provides everything photographers need after the shoot. Aperture offers an advanced and incredibly fast RAW workflow that makes working with a camera's RAW images as easy as JPEG. Built from the ground up for pros, Aperture features powerful compare and select tools, nondestructive image processing, color managed printing and custom web and book publishing.
What's new in this version:
- White balance adjustment accuracy and performance
- Image export quality
- Book and print ordering reliability
- Auto-stacking performance
- Custom paper size handling
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Retrieve images from corrupted or formatted memory cards.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Turn your photos and other still images to vivid slideshow with...
- Convert digital photos into slideshows, DVD movies, digital col...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 53 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Version: Apple Aperture 3.4.5
Does a fair job for organising photos ,and even great at editing raw photos , and more .
Even on the top iMac the brushs lag and spinning ball of death has to rear it's ugly head .
Pixelmator runs well with no spinning ball of death as does photoshop elements editor 11. So had expected more from apple.
Great software , just needs updating to be rid of spinning ball and lagging brush's. After all , it is an apple pro app
"I am a Professional that uses Aperture + CS6"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.4.4
*Great File management.
*Works well with Photoshop.
*Less steps to the a finished result than Light Room in my experience.
*Tools are marked really well and you will know how to use them quickly it you have ever done real editing.
*After Processing alot of images it tends to slow down, so we have to restart the app and that is an easy fix.
*I would like to see some more VIDEO management tools.
*no chromakey options/tools this would help with some things.
*I know there is a passport cropping option I just can not find it, Arg...
*I would like to see a Drive selection preference tool that would select where the App, Library and the Images are stored and accessed.
Its a really easy and fast to learn program for professionals and serious photographers for post when pared with Adobe PhotoShop. In a lot of ways Aperture is the fastest to useable results. I have the application on the Computer HD, Library on a Raid and the Images are stored on a DROBO. This has been the best set up that I have used. I own Lightroom 4 but never use it.
"Much better, thank you!"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.4.2
Now works fully with my D600!
Not quite as good as Lightroom!
Took quite a while before Aperture could handle RAW files from my Nikon D600, but now it does it effortlessly! Seems to me this version is slightly faster than the old one!
I am using a few year old iMac, running Mountain Lion, by the way!
"Doesn't work after Update"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.4
Very good program until version 3.3
No function on 2 MACs (iMAC i7 and iBook i5; both Mountain Lion)
Don't update to 3.4 !!!
"Great Feature! Price correction $79.99"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.3.1
Great interface. With great third part plugin support. Nice integration with Photoshop. Nondestructed editing. Better than lightroom
Can be slow on larger heavy edited images.
All in the the workflow and better editing capacities than anything now available. A price tag of $79.99 make the application a must buy
"Good once all its potential is understood,but printing?"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.2.4
Versatile, fast and lots of plug-ins. I like the "Print Book" function
Printing quality changes with each upgrade - many times the print output is too dark, and the print to .pdf has to be used. Even with custom profiles.
I have stuck with it, (but I also use Lightroom). Each have their good points.
"Apple Aperture 3.2.3 does most of what I need it to do."
Version: Apple Aperture 3.2.3
Apple Aperture 3.2.3 is easy to navigate and easy to use. Its tools and features are effective for refining and polishing the images I make.
I wish Apple Aperture 3.2.3 had more powerful tools for noise reduction and image sharpening as well as for adjusting perspective. Although I have used it and its antecedents consistently for a year now, I am still discovering its strengths and limitations.
"Do NOT purchase from trial version"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.2.2
Great that you can try for 30 days
If you "buy" from your trial version an instantly mailed serial number is $199. If you uninstall from your computer and buy from the app store it is $79.99. Apple has no explanation for this. Use the trial version but don't waste a lot of time customizing because you will lose it all during the uninstall, unless you want to pay an extra $119.
"Powerful and user friendly for the most part"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.2.2
Allows beautiful organization of albums and most of the fine tuning you would want on your photos.
Missing a few of the more sophisticated features of Photoshop CS5 although for most applications I find it more user-friendly.
I have Aperture 3, Photoshop CS5, and Nikon Capture and use the Aperture 3 most often by a large margin.
"NOT WHAT I NEEDED"
Version: Apple Aperture 3.2
A LOT OF EDITING OPTIONS
SLOWS MY MBP I7 , 2.8 GHZ CONSIDERABLY
I BOUGHT THE WRONG PRODUCT. I WANTED RATHER SOMETHING LIKE PHOTOSHOP. I STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO IN UNDERSTANDING THIS PROGRAM PROPERLY. YES THE 3 STAR RATING MAY SEEM UNFAIR, I KNOW.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content