CNET Editors' review
This program lets you calculate the nutritional content of recipes, but ApexDiet Recipe Analyzer suffers from some quirks. Its bland, multipaneled interface could use a help file to get you started or at least explain how the features work together. It has a searchable database that contains preloaded food items and nutritional information for all entries. You can also add your own ingredients, though you're on your own in determining the nutritional values.
After you create a recipe by searching and adding ingredients, you get a breakdown of more than 30 nutritional components, including calories, total fat, and vitamins and minerals. Impressively, the program can recalculate nutrients when you change the serving portions. On the downside, the Current Ingredients window doesn't clear itself after closing the application, and instead retains the last loaded recipe. A design quirk means you'll need to restart the application every time you save a new recipe; otherwise the ingredients of the previous entry will combine with the new one.
The program lacks the ability to print or export a nutritional analysis. Despite these drawbacks, any user desiring an inexpensive way to create nutritional information for recipes will find that this freeware fits the bill.
From RoadSide Software:
Create custom nutrition facts for your recipes. Simply search through the list of ingredients and food products to construct your recipe and the program will instantly calculate the nutrition facts for that recipe, including calories, fat, carbs, vitamins and minerals, and the percent RDA. You can also use the program to track your eating habbits over time by entering the food you eat as your daily recipe. You can even add custom ingredients.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Create, print and organize your recipes using these printable r...
- Take control of your recipes.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Organize and create your own personalized cookbook.
- Manage and organize your recipes into cookbooks.
- Learn more than 1000 drink recipes.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Organize, e-mail, and print your recipes.
- Organize and share your recipes with this comprehensive databas...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: ApexDiet recipe analyzer 1
None, it never even downloaded a working program
Every con you could think of
I would not even give it a single star if I could give less.
Programs like this should not even be on Cnet. Also dont understand how they could have given it ANY stars unless all their reviews are fake.