CNET Editors' review
Aobo Website Blocker Porn Filter provides effective tools for blocking questionable material from your computer. Its simple setup and secretive blocking technique make this a great tool for parents.
The program's smooth interface lists its functional options in an open, intuitive fashion. While we didn't need it during testing, we were nonetheless disappointed that there was no Help file. The program was surprisingly easy to set up. We were presented with a blacklist and a "white" list of words. The blacklist was prefilled with nasty, porn-related words, but you can also customize it to include anything you want to block. The "white" list is reserved for safe words and Web sites. Once these lists were populated, the program smartly hid itself. There was no tray icon, which we initially thought was odd. When we tried to access a questionable site, the screen said it couldn't connect, exactly as if we'd lost an Internet connection. This was Aobo's most brilliant stroke: by not providing an icon and by not making a big scene about blocking a site, children will have no idea they're being blocked and therefore will have a harder time outsmarting parents. The program offered no special features, which didn't hurt its performance, but we would have loved some tracking capability. Overall, we were impressed with this subtle blocker.
Aobo Website Blocker Porn Filter has a three-day trial. We loved this program's capability to block unsuitable material in a discreet manner, and we recommend it.
From Aobo Software:
Aobo Filter provides an efficient filtering algorithm to block unwanted Web sites and filter pornographic Web sites. It supports both filtering by Keywords and URL addresses. With this advanced algorithm and technology, you can completely rely on Aobo Filter to keep your family safe from questionable resources online. With APP Filter engine, Aobo filter can block programs from running on your computer. For example, you can block inappropriate game so that your children won't abuse it. Aobo Fiter runs secretly in the background and logs the websites visited even they are visited in browser(IE,Firefox,Chrome,Opera) private browsing mode. Aobo Fiter is protected by password and customizable hotkey. It is hard to be found by people without the information.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Restrict access to pornographic Web sites.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Monitor and protect your child from offensive Web sites.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Hide, lock, and password protect any file.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Compile C/C++ code for free.
- Create command aliases for launching app.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Go explore the Big Island step by step to find and save the cut...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Viewer of IRC logs. The best and only one!.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 13 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy to install and use, block unwanted sites I want"
Version: Aobo Filter 4.03
It has really done me a big favor, my son used to visit adult sites after we are not at home, with the help of this software, we can block any sites if we want and stop my son from being addicted to porn.
I haven't found yet.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content