CNET Editors' review
AntiLogger attempts to provide your computer with a different layer of security from other similar products. By operating as an active defense, as opposed to a reactive one, this program thinks it could be the answer to your problems.
This program has a simple interface that is very easy to understand. While AntiLogger takes care of complicated tasks such as detecting and isolating keystroke monitoring bugs, screen-capture-making viruses, and other unwanted attackers, users are given simple choices that make defense easy. You can run only certain defenses or choose from a brief list of customizations. And, when new programs are downloaded, AntiLogger goes to work assessing its danger and giving users the option to disallow its download. This is a fantastic addition that makes the potentially dangerous world of downloads slightly less risky.
Overall, the limited flexibility makes this an ideal program for all level of users. Those used to the look of traditional security programs, which show how many files have been scanned and how long you have until completion, may not like the static look of AntiLogger, but users who just want to know things are being taken care of without too much effort on their part will like what this 21-day trial program puts on the table.
Zemana AntiLogger uses sophisticated behavioral analysis to monitor your PC in real-time, taking note of suspicious activity. It can tell if somebody is recording your keystrokes, searching your hard drive, or tampering with your system. Zemana AntiLogger responds immediately to malware threats, and locks out the thieves, instantly.
The AntiLogger is designed to work with your anti-virus. While an anti-virus application will protect you against a wide range of known forms of malware, the AntiLogger is able to stop advanced, new, and niche threats developed with a specific objective: to steal your private information or access your secure internet connections.
What's new in this version:
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Added full support for Windows 8 RTM 32-bit support
- Added partial support for Windows 8 RTM 64-bit support
- Improved self protection
- Improved protection of COM interfaces
- Improved behavior under VMware Guest
- Improved screengrabber protection on 32-bit Windows
- Russian language file updated
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Stop viruses and spyware automatically before they reach your c...
- Detect and clean thousands of threats.
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Provide all-in-one Internet security with anti-theft and social...
- Hide your IP address and prevent Internet activity tracking.
- Combine online and offline malware defense and powerful data le...
- Total antivirus and antispyware defense.
- Protect your computer from malware of all kind as well as from ...
- Protect your PC from all kinds of Internet threats.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 40 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Superb compliment to internet security suite software!"
Version: AntiLogger 188.8.131.52
This product really does fill in the gaps it boasts of and true to its premise, its one of the few products of its kind that really protects the other aspects of a computer system that may otherwise be left vulnerable by other security suites that claim to protect the entire system.
Key features: *Anti-Keylogging
*System Defense Module/Protects Registry & RAM
The only downside to this software, which I was able to confirm with a company rep, is that it doesn't protect the MBR from infiltration.
However, I'm sure that this is something that the folks at Zemana will take seriously, since security is an ever-growing concern these days and therefore requires constant vigilance of new threats so as to come up with rigorous solutions.
The fact that a program like this merely lacks this sort of protection should not deter those whom are serious about protect their computers.
Even if the MBR got infected somehow, this program provides enough swift intervention to prompt a user of unauthorized access to system components and in addition allows itself to be password protected.
One thing to remember is that most security suite software is not comprehensive enough to provide full protection off by itself, though some products may come close, they still lack protection in several key areas of a system, regardless of how one may attempt to configure there firewall, (Unless of course internet access isn't important to you and thus would rather block all ports on your firewall, there really isn't many other ways to heighten security without enlisting the help of an application such as "Zemana Antilogger")
And for those of you that may have ignored program-compatibility standards before downloading and installing such a program, one must ask themselves, "Do I really know what I'm doing?"
Usually BSOD happens when people who don't know what they are doing mess with software that they haven't been trained to use. Furthermore, just because it happened after an install of this program, that doesn't necessarily mean that the program itself is faulty.
There are many reasons an end-user may encounter the Blue Screen of Death(BSOD), some of which cannot be fully explained by the typical end-user and therefore should not be automatically attributed to a particular program without first understanding exactly what caused the BSOD in the first place.
Some programs just don't play well together and due-diligence also falls upon an end-user to know what they are doing before they mess with something as serious as computer security!
"Buggy, May cause Blue Screen"
Version: AntiLogger 184.108.40.206
Almost works like a firewall for "programs on your computer."
It controls a program access to vital areas on the computer
Buggy software, worked fine for a few days, and then would cause my Windows7 computer to experience the blue screen, multiple times. Avoid using this program to "automatically start on windows reboot," it will vastly slow down your reboot. After I removed this program and did a "scan disk," computer worked as before. I have a bundled, firewall, anti-virus and malware cleaner. In many causes, the firewall could perform the same functions as this program.
I give this program a grade" C," it's ok, but use with caution.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content