From Leaping Bytes:
AlmostVPN is an ssh tunnel manager for Mac OS X with a twist. This is what makes AlmostVPN different:
- it packaged as Preference Panel, so you do not have to use yet another application to configure your tunnels
- it uses creative network configuration techniques to provide almost VPN like access to remote services, so you can keep using real IP addresses and port numbers while accessing service on the other side of your tunnels.
- it provides simple way to
- ... mount remote volumes
- ... use your remote printers and faxes
- ... access you iTunes, iPhoto and almost any other Bonjour based application
- ... upload/download/execute files (with support for console and X11 based applications)
- ... use your favorite remote access application (VNC, ARD, RDC or just good old shell )
- it is scriptable, so you can start/stop your profiles exactly when you need it
- it can import tunnel definitions from SSH Tunnel Manager, SSHKeychain, SSH Agent and JellyfiSSH
What's new in this version: What was Fixed
- AlmostVPN was ignoring "Ask for password" option if SSHD server was configured to do "password" based authentication (as opposite to "keyboard-interactive" )
- Under some conditions Quick Configuration used to "dump" some passwords into System log file
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot (no need to install).
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Improve the performance and reliability of any WiFi, 3G, 4G bro...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Turn your computer into a WiFi access point with firewall and U...
- Find and connect to open wireless access points.
- Find unknown computers on your internal network and block them.
- Generate IP/ICMP/TCP/UDP traffic from clients to server.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content