CNET Editors' review
Being able to rip your DVDs just like you would your CDs would be awesome, right? 123 DVD Converter will do it for you, but it all comes with a price tag. Even though this software produces high-quality video in tons of formats, it is a little overpriced for what it does and has a difficult barrier to entry.
Even though the interface is very easy to navigate, 123 DVD Converter expects you to know how to rip DVDs already. If you don't, you'll be confused trying to find and rip the clip you actually want. For the pros, there are a ton of file details that comes with each rip. Tech-savvy people will love that the program supports dozens of formats, too. The price for this software is $40 and if you don't buy the full program, you'll see a "Buy full version now window" every time you do anything with it. If you decline, you're only allowed 10 minutes of converting per file; it cuts off abruptly if you go longer.
123 DVD Converter seems to be aimed at more tech-savvy users who already know how to rip DVDs. Though the output of the videos resembles DVD quality, the price for the software is too high for what it offers, and some users might find it too complicated to use.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of 123 DVD Converter 5.0.5.
Airy DVD Converter provides a fast and easy way to convert your DVD movies or just the parts of the movie that you want. It copies in high quality AVI (DivX, XviD), WMV (Zune, Pocket PC), 3GP (Mobile), MP4 (iPod, iPad, iPhone, PSP, Apple TV, Kindle Fire , MP4 Player), Flash Video (*.flv),VCD (MPEG-1) and SVCD (MPEG-2) formats. It also extracts audio tracks from DVD movies.
You can take your favorite DVDs on the plane, train or automobile, watch them on your computer, laptop, iPhone, iPod, Kindle Fire, PSP, pocket PC, mobile or MP4 player on vacation, at work or at school. Airy DVD Converter is an all-in-one solution to your music and video needs. There's no need to buy or learn to use more than one multimedia computer program for various devices.
What's new in this version: Version 5.1.1. may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Convert your media files to H264/MPEG4 video format for playbac...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Convert all your video files to H264,MPEG4 video format for pla...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert almost all video files to H264/MPEG4 video format for A...
- Copy and convert DVD to AVI, Mp4, WMV, Mpeg, 3GP files, transfe...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert almost all popular video files to H264/MPEG4 video form...
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Back up your DVD movies to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Kindl...
- Convert MOV files into various video formats.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Convert your video files to MP4 format for any type of iPod.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert almost all video files to FLV video format.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Convert video to Flash SWF and Flash FLV, upload your converted...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Downloaded Conduit Virus and toolbar w tons of Adware!"
Version: Airy DVD Converter 5.1.1
Acts like AOA DVD Ripper which I used to have on my old computer and really liked. It seems glitch free and was easy to use.
I cleane it off my system, ran Norton, CCleaner and manually took off all the crap it brought to my system. I thought CNET was supposed to be clean! NOT! Conduit hijacked all my browsers and I had to manually remove them several different ways. Google this company and see what adware and malware this hijack is associated with. My Norton lit up right away that it was hijack attempt. SHAME on CNET for allowing this kind of garbage on their site!
Used to trust CNET but will not be downloading anything from here again.