CNET Editors' review
Agnihotra for Windows is a helpful tool for people who wish to perform Agnihotra, especially beginners. This tastefully done program takes the ritual seriously and contains plenty of informative resources.
The program's interface is simple and attractive, although most of its functions are accessed by right-clicking on the program's icon in the system tray, and some of the menus-within-menus could be better organized. The program is still fairly easy to navigate, and we had no trouble adjusting the settings to our liking. The heart of Agnihotra for Windows is its reminder feature, which alerts users before sunrise and sunset so they can prepare for Agnihotra. The program helpfully asks for the user's location upon setup, so that the times used for sunrise and sunset are exact. The program also contains a printable calendar of times that can be used to plan ahead for the ritual. Several settings are available for the ritual itself; in Office mode the program discreetly and silently reminds users of the coming ritual, while Training mode shows large audible alerts and then displays and plays a recording of the ritual's mantras. The program's online User Guide gives a decent explanation of the program's features, and a built-in tutorial explains the steps involved in Agnihotra and allows users to listen to and practice the mantras.
Agnihotra for Windows is free. It installs without issues but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
From Vedic Society:
Agnihotra for Windows is a software tool for doing Agnihotra making it effortless to practice this beautiful daily healing for the environment and yourself. The software runs in your system tray and reminds you each day of the Agnihotra times in your location wherever you are in the world. It also has a training mode which helps you to learn the Agnihotra mantras in case you are just starting with Agnihotra.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.4 adds a feature for 24 hour/12 hour time format selection fixed internet retrieval of geonames data (the format of data has been changed) fixed a minor bug in countdown beeper, returned old beeper sound few minor fixes changed icon in the installer.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Search for various e-books from the Internet.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content