CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download.
Adguard is a powerful ad and popup blocking utility. It is compatible with all popular browsers and protects you against obtrusive and unpleasant advertisements, speeds up page loading and reduces bandwidth usage. Key features of Adguard: 1. Saves time and nerves; 2. Speeds up page loading; 3. Saves bandwidth; 4. Keeps viruses at bay.
What's new in this version: Version 5.3:
- + Automatic detection of the suitable filters
- + Japanese language and filter
- + German language and filter
- + Spanish language and filter
- + Portuguese language and filter
- + Dutch filter
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Dont waste your money! Free adblockers are just as good"
Version: Adguard 5.3
NONE, to speak of!
See my Summary for the list.
After 1 yr. of using this ad blocking software, today I cancelled my renewal for another yr. and here's why:
1.) I contacted Adguard support about problems I had, numerous times over the past year and again, just a few days ago, I never received a response back, other than an automated response.
2.) While the ad blocking is somewhat ok, it doesn't get many types of ads, specifically within IE9 and Yahoo websites, even with full on settings.
3.) Adguard claims loading time of pages is faster, because the ads aren't downloaded in the first place. But in fact, It takes longer for pages to load, while Adguard filters out any ads it finds. Pages loaded faster with ads!
4.) Adguard assistant, which allows the user to target ads that are missed, doesn't always work, meaning you have have to be able to write your own ad blocking filter creation rules, GOOD LUCK!
5.) Adguard acts as a proxy, which causes many pages and websites not to load correctly or not at all, meaning you have to either write your own filter rules or disable it, defeating it's purpose.
6.) Uses excessive RAM and resources.
7.) Because I never received a response back, I can only assume, Adguard support is just an empty slogan!
8.) My advice is don't waste your money on this software, it's not truly supported, easily configured or useful. There are free ad blocking programs that do as good or a better job!
"Excellent inexpensive ad blocker"
Version: Adguard 4.2.0
Inexpensive, efficient, clean removal of ads, automatically updated
Slow to start, around 10 sec, and uses 70 Mb ram
Uses too much ram, adguard uses 70 mb vs 15 mb that admuncher uses. It doesn't work with some less popular browsers like Qtweb, Comet Bird, Black Hawk, etc. On the other hand it has very clean output of blocked web pages, with fast and efficient blocking, it uses the standard rules for making your custom filters and it's inexpensive
"Software is truely nice."
Version: Adguard 4.1.8
The best ad blocker i've ever tried.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content