CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download.
Adguard is a powerful ad and popup blocking utility. It is compatible with all popular browsers and protects you against obtrusive and unpleasant advertisements, speeds up page loading and reduces bandwidth usage. Key features of Adguard: 1. Saves time and nerves; 2. Speeds up page loading; 3. Saves bandwidth; 4. Keeps viruses at bay.
What's new in this version: Version 5.3:
- + Automatic detection of the suitable filters
- + Japanese language and filter
- + German language and filter
- + Spanish language and filter
- + Portuguese language and filter
- + Dutch filter
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Protect files and emails using encryption software.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"We are trying to make the best adblocker on the market"
Version: Adguard 5.4
We make a program that we would use on daily basis with pleasure.
You get too comfy with all that ads blocked, it's barely possible to use public computers after that. :)
Firstly, i would like to apologize to David for problems with support, unfortunately Gmail sent your e-mails to Spam and our Support didn't see them in our ticket system.
2) We use a combination of ad lists from other developers additionaly to our list. Yet we depend a lot on a community of our users, please don't hesistate and send reports about missing ads directly from the Adguard, it takes about 10 seconds max.
3)In 5.4 we optimized engine and now Adguard loads page smoothly and without any delays at all. Yet, that's true we can't really load pages much faster if you are already using a fast broadband connection.
4)We are making a new version of Adguard assistant in the nearest release.
5)It's not so bad :) Rarely there might be some problems with displaying certain web pages, but we fix it right away after getting reports from the users.
6) It uses about 70mb of RAM, and it will use up to 2-3 times less in 5.5 And don't get me wrong, but with about 10 openned tabs Chrome eats almost 1GB of RAM. So in average Adguard uses less memory than 1 tab.
7)As i said we feel sorry for problems with e-mail delivery. We've given credentials from our e-mail accounts to the support group, so they could check up Spam folders too.
8) It's up to you. I've used free alternatives in past and i had to install more and more addons for different purposes and customize them to get things done. Adblocker + plugin for effective element blocking + popup blocker + Video ad blocking + CSS styler, to make pages look well and without empty spaces from blocked ads.
"Dont waste your money! Free adblockers are just as good"
Version: Adguard 5.3
NONE, to speak of!
See my Summary for the list.
After 1 yr. of using this ad blocking software, today I cancelled my renewal for another yr. and here's why:
1.) I contacted Adguard support about problems I had, numerous times over the past year and again, just a few days ago, I never received a response back, other than an automated response.
2.) While the ad blocking is somewhat ok, it doesn't get many types of ads, specifically within IE9 and Yahoo websites, even with full on settings.
3.) Adguard claims loading time of pages is faster, because the ads aren't downloaded in the first place. But in fact, It takes longer for pages to load, while Adguard filters out any ads it finds. Pages loaded faster with ads!
4.) Adguard assistant, which allows the user to target ads that are missed, doesn't always work, meaning you have have to be able to write your own ad blocking filter creation rules, GOOD LUCK!
5.) Adguard acts as a proxy, which causes many pages and websites not to load correctly or not at all, meaning you have to either write your own filter rules or disable it, defeating it's purpose.
6.) Uses excessive RAM and resources.
7.) Because I never received a response back, I can only assume, Adguard support is just an empty slogan!
8.) My advice is don't waste your money on this software, it's not truly supported, easily configured or useful. There are free ad blocking programs that do as good or a better job!
"Excellent inexpensive ad blocker"
Version: Adguard 4.2.0
Inexpensive, efficient, clean removal of ads, automatically updated
Slow to start, around 10 sec, and uses 70 Mb ram
Uses too much ram, adguard uses 70 mb vs 15 mb that admuncher uses. It doesn't work with some less popular browsers like Qtweb, Comet Bird, Black Hawk, etc. On the other hand it has very clean output of blocked web pages, with fast and efficient blocking, it uses the standard rules for making your custom filters and it's inexpensive
"Software is truely nice."
Version: Adguard 4.1.8
The best ad blocker i've ever tried.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content