CNET Editors' review
Absolute Sound Recorder is a multifeatured recording program that allows users to capture sounds from a wide variety of sources. With its many useful features and intuitive interface, this program is a great choice for basic recording tasks.
The program's interface isn't the most attractive we've ever seen, but it's fairly basic and easy to figure out. Recording sounds is as easy as hitting the red Record button to begin and the Stop button when you're done. What we really liked about the program was the variety of inputs it can handle; it can record sounds from the computer's built-in microphone, a line-in, or what's playing on the computer itself, and it can record more than one of these sources simultaneously. For example, we found a karaoke version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" online, and we were able to record the karaoke track as the computer played it at the same time that we recorded ourselves singing the lyrics. We liked that the program allows you to record in MP3, WMA, and WAV formats, and the autostop feature allows you to set a time limit and have the program stop recording automatically. The program's built-in Help file is brief but adequate. Overall, we thought Absolute Sound Recorder was both powerful and easy to use.
Absolute Sound Recorder is free to try, but the trial version records only 60 seconds at a time. The program installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program.
From Absolute Software:
Absolute Sound Recorder lets you record sound from a microphone, line-in audio, streaming audio from the Internet, or music played by Winamp, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Flash, and games, without losing any quality. It supports MP3, WMA, and WAV output formats. It also features support for a built-in player and an ID3 tag editor.
What's new in this version: Version 4.7 is a bug-fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Record any sound on your computer in WAV, MP3, and WMA formats.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Record sound from various sources directly to MP3 format.
- Record audio and sound to MP3, WAV, and OGG.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Record your streaming and sound-card audio with CD quality.
- Record sound from microphone in MP3 and WAV formats.
- Play and record sound from any digital resources.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Record sound to MP3 and sort recordings by date.
- Record audio streams to WMA and MP3 directly.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, split, and convert audio files in a simple way.
- Record audio from different files or sound devices and save the...
- Record and convert iTunes and YME into MP3 and WAV files you ca...
All versions:2.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"5 hours and no key code--unacceptable and misleading"
Version: Absolute Sound Recorder 4.3.1
wouldn't know--can't unlock the product without a key-- six hours since purchasing and non response and no one's home at customer service.
May never get a simple key code to use the product--lead you to believe it will be sent right away and then after purchasing, says up to 24 hours! Unacceptable--also customore service is non-existent.
Don't buy this if you need it quickly--takes way too long to process the order and I used a credit card and their "share-it" payment service that is supposed to make it faster!
"Unable to use at all I get an error Input Diver error"
Version: Absolute Sound Recorder 3.7
None Unable to use it at all
No way to use it.
No way to use it.
All I get is an error
"What a total POS"
Version: Absolute Sound Recorder 3.4.2
Installed on WinXP, CRASHED/REBOOT twice in a row when trying to record an audio stream off live365. What a worthless POS.