CNET Editors' review
AIMP provides all the basic tools you'd expect from a media player. However, it evolves into something special once you discover its special features. It supports more than 20 audio formats and 32-bit digital audio, and it converts between various formats, too. You can also customize it with Winamp add-ons.
The program's interface felt instantly comforting. Its professional design is sleek, and all its command buttons are simple to navigate. We never felt confused or lost enough to require a visit to the Help file. The program's functionality isn't anything special because it simply lets you upload MP3s and play CDs using its standard controls. We had no problems doing either, and we were pleased with its crisp sound quality. However, this program came into its own with its lush variety of features. Its 16-band graphic equalizer was nice, but we only noticed a difference in sound when we used the presets. It also offered an Auto Shutdown feature where we could customize the time limit and action for shutting the program down. Most impressively, there was a feature for recording online radio, just like holding a tape deck up to the stereo in the old days. With all its pieces adding up to a superior product, we enjoyed every minute of using this program.
AIMP is freeware. It comes as a compressed file and leaves folders upon uninstalling. While its functionality is pretty standard, its features impressed us, and we recommend this program.
From AIMP DevTeam:
AIMP is a full-featured music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Thirty audio formats are supported. Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert AudioCD to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
What's new in this version:
- Common: Localizations have been updated
- Sound Engine: The algorithm of advanced channels processing has been improved
- Skin Engine: Compatibility with AIMP2 skins has been improved
- Plugins: Rendering speed of visualizations has been increased
- Plugins: Compatibility with Last.fm Client v2 has been improved
- Fixed: The Audio Converter ignores command line switches
- Fixed: The Audio Converter raises an exception, if "move out... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 61 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content