CNET Editors' review
With its professionally designed and visually appealing interface, ACDSee Pro makes a good first impression. While novice users might be overwhelmed initially, the tools to organize and view images proved easy to use.
This program's sleek interface looks sharp and well-designed. Four main areas dominate the screen. The middle section, and largest, is for thumbnails of your photographs and allows you to view an entire folder's worth of shots at once. The lower left side gives a larger preview of any thumbnail you click on, as well as a small graph of its color composition. Above this box is another dedicated to navigating your computer's file trees to find the pictures you want to appear as thumbnails. Finally, the right side of the screen is dedicated to the program's options. Here you can choose to bundle, rank, and categorize your pictures.
Although the interface was beautifully designed, it was a bit overwhelming at first. It takes little time to get acclimated, though, and we found it easy to add images and create categories to organize them. Although ACDSee Pro doesn't have the full range of editing tools found in full image-editing programs, it does allow you to resize shots, batch rename, convert to PDF, and create DVDs. Less experienced users might need to refer to the Help file the first time around, but each option proved fairly easy to understand and use.
If you've already got a full image-editing program, but aren't happy with its organizational options, ACDSee Pro works well. Its cost will deter the casual photographer, but serious enthusiasts with large collections will appreciate what this tool has to offer.
From ACD Systems:
Streamline your workflow with ACDSee Pro 2.5, the complete toolbox for photographers. Easily organize, archive, perfect, and present your work with precision and control. View your RAW images with lightning-fast image previews and support for most RAW formats from digital SLR cameras. Get support for IPTC core fields with XMP. Shift time stamps on multiple images at once. Compare up to four images side by side.
Version 2.5 build 358 allows users to save complex searches for ongoing use, view more images with UNICODE support, add custom borders, drop shadows and edge effects to photos.
What's new in this version: Version 2.5 build 358 allows users to save complex searches for ongoing use, view more images with UNICODE support, add custom borders, drop shadows and edge effects to photos.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Turn your photos into collage and make them into desktop wallpa...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 50 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Terrific for saving originals and batch processing."
Version: ACDSee Pro 2.5 build 358
I manage a couple of websites and run one of my own. The easy batch processing to resize everything at preset quality to the file I chose, saves me hours. Batch editing also.
I have an issue if I don't save a photo before clicking done. The program defaults to a save that is not quite full size. I want anything I do to remain full size until I'm resizing. I can fix this by hitting save, rather than clicking done.
I think I've already explained what I like about this program. It works well, is easy to follow. It gives me one click options to organize my photo view by either Date picture modified, Date original take, month taken, etc...It really does make my life easier.
I love that I can click through my new photos, decide what I like and just put the photos I like in a Image Basket. They never leave there until I move them. So i can get half way through, leave and come back tomorrow and continue. I'll pull up the files in the image basket from the day before and be able to edit them or add more.
It's a good program.
"ya sangat bagus"
Version: ACDSee Pro 2.5 build 358
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content